[comp.sys.misc] RIXON modem?

paul@unhtel.uucp (Paul S. Sawyer) (02/06/90)

In article <9001240808.AA01856@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> SPBK09@SDNET.BITNET (Brian Piersel) writes:
>I recently acquired a Rixon R212A Intelligent Modem. I have no documentation
>on this modem. When I first plugged it in and got it working, a menu came
>up, from which I selected Hayes mode. I cannot get back to the menu, and
>cannot figure out what commands it accepts. Some of the Hayes-type commands
>I have used on other modems don't work on this one. Anyone have any info
>on this modem? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
>  Brian Piersel     BITNET:   SPBK09@SDNET.BITNET

Very few "AT" commands seem to be implemented.  To get back to the "RIXON
User Friendly Commands", the magic word is ATNU.

TFM is 88 pages long, so I can't type it in here....  You can probably
figure it all out from the menus.  It is very easy to use this modem
from a terminal, or from Unix uucp and cu...  When I have used it with
terminal emulators, I skip the Hayes stuff and just enter the Rixon-style
commands.

		Good luck, Paul

--
Paul S. Sawyer              uunet!unh!unhtel!paul     paul@unhtel.UUCP