From: john@daysinns.UUCP (John S. Nelson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.misc
Subject: NEC portable HD problem
Date: 5 Oct 90 20:36:34 GMT

Word has gotten around the company that someone is having trouble
with a NEC Multispeed HD portable.  I thought the net would be
a good place to look for a solution.  Oh yeah, I believe this
is an MS/DOS machine, but since this is friend-of-a-friend-of-a...

The Story:  This guy bought this NEC portable from someone that
works here at Days Inns.  Unfortunately, the person selling the
system was unable to find the operating system disks.  The person
that bought the machine is now having hard drive problems and
doesn't have the diagnostics to check it.  It could be a hard
drive problem, it could be a controller problem.  I haven't
looked at the system, so it might be that general parts are
usable, however, he doesn't want to spend the money on a hard
drive or controller until he is sure that is the problem.

Does anyone on the net have advice/experience to help?

Please respond via email as I don't regularly read this newsgroup.

 John
{uunet}!gatech.edu!daysinns!john