[comp.sys.misc] What is ISIS ?

jimmy@.cs.UAlberta.CA (Jimmy the X-Man) (03/05/91)

What is ISIS ? If this is not the appropriate newsgroup for this
question, my apologies. Please mail responses to the address below.

Thanks,

jimmy@cs.UAlberta.CA
--
jimmy@cs.UAlberta.CA

bzhang@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Bin Zhang) (03/14/91)

In article <1991Mar4.174553.20179@cs.UAlberta.CA> jimmy@.cs.UAlberta.CA (Jimmy the X-Man) writes:

>What is ISIS ? If this is not the appropriate newsgroup for this
>question, my apologies. Please mail responses to the address below.

If you meant CDS/ISIS, it is a text information retrieval package
developed by UNESCO, UN.  There are two versions: VAX and IBM/PC.  If
you need further information, send me a mail (I tried to reply to your
article, but could not reach you).

--

dgil@pa.reuter.COM (Dave Gillett) (03/21/91)

     It was Investment Securities Inventory System when I worked on it in
1977 for the Ontario Provincial Government.

     My mail also could not find the original poster.
                                                       Dave