[comp.sys.nsc.32k] Questioning, not wrangling

chongo@amdahl.UUCP (04/16/87)

Roger and I are having a frank debate about the announcement of the 32532.
Have have NOT reduced it to the level of name calling.  He is still on friendly
enough terms to invite me to NSC to look at the demo.  I in turn are on friendly
enough terms to be willing to go.  (Roger, I'll send you Email about the date)
Heck, I even sent Max and Co. a batch of Rev A chocolate chip 532 cookies the
other day!  (sorry, the specs belong in rec.cooks, not here!)  :-)

To folks in general:  No, these posting were not intended to tear down NSC or
		      its chip set.  I said it before, and I will say it again:

		    ***THE 32000 IS A GOOD CHIP SET***

I do have a number questions and doubts about some of the claims.  Perhaps you
think support means blind praise of everything?  I don't.

chongo <> /\oo/\
--
[views above shouldn't be viewed as Amdahl views, or as views from Amdahl, or
 as Amdahl views views, or as views by Mr. Amdahl, or as views from his house]

roger@nsc.nsc.com (Roger Thompson) (04/17/87)

In article <6262@amdahl.UUCP>, chongo@amdahl.UUCP (Landon Curt Noll) writes:
> Roger and I are having a frank debate about the announcement of the 32532.
> Have have NOT reduced it to the level of name calling.  He is still on friendly
> enough terms to invite me to NSC to look at the demo.  I in turn are on friendly
> enough terms to be willing to go.  (Roger, I'll send you Email about the date)
> Heck, I even sent Max and Co. a batch of Rev A chocolate chip 532 cookies the
> other day!  (sorry, the specs belong in rec.cooks, not here!)  :-)
> To folks in general:  No, these posting were not intended to tear down NSC or
> 		      its chip set.  I said it before, and I will say it again:
>
> 		    ***THE 32000 IS A GOOD CHIP SET***
>
> [views above shouldn't be viewed as Amdahl views, or as views from Amdahl, or

I would like to say that Landon (as has anyone) has a right to his
opinions etc etc.   My task being a member of the 532 team is to ensure
that the proper perspective is placed on it's performance and
capabilities.  I am willing to talk to any one most any time.  Landon
will be coming over to visit next week some time

From my perspective, no one has as yet flamed me sufficiently to
get me to the point that I just don't care.  I accept the challenges
as that ----- challenges.

Landon ----- any cookies left?  See ya next week.

Poot

morrison@hc.UUCP (04/17/87)

in article <6262@amdahl.UUCP>, chongo@amdahl.UUCP (Landon Curt Noll) says:

> Roger and I are having a frank debate about the announcement of the 32532.
	I thought it was all kind of interesting, I certainly know more
about the 32532 than I did before. So what is the point of this thing
anyway?