[comp.sys.nsc.32k] Apparent bug in Sys5r2 on ICM3216

mason@tmsoft.UUCP (08/08/87)

I have a problem where on a regular basis the number of inodes on my
busiest (spool) file system goes to zero when there are really lots left.

It occasionally happens on other file systems, but I've been getting
2 weeks worth of news in the last couple of days, and it's happened at
least 4 times.  This is a royal pain as rnews starts failing all over the
place.

Is this a known bug (with a patch !!Please!!) or at least fixed in Sys5r3?
And while you're at it when will Sys5r3 be available on ICM3216s?

I should point out that this is the only bug of any consequence that I've
found with the ICM.  I'm VERY happy with it.

(Oh, yah, one other little problem: the clock gains about 30 seconds/day.
I've tried changing the variable capacitor, but one turn either way seems
to make very little difference.  The reason this is a major problem is that
the only reason I've had to take the system down ever is to change the system
time!!  It was once up over 35 days (until the 18 minute fast clock got to me))

	../Dave Mason,	TM Software Associates	(Compilers & System Consulting)
	..!{utzoo seismo!mnetor utcsri utgpu lsuc}!tmsoft!mason

joer@nscpdc.NSC.COM ( Joe Rawlings ) (08/12/87)

Edited for brevity sake;

In article <162@tmsoft.UUCP> mason@tmsoft.UUCP (Dave Mason) writes:
>I have a problem where on a regular basis the number of inodes on my
>busiest (spool) file system goes to zero when there are really lots left.

What do you mean by this?  How do you know that you have run out of
inodes?  We need more specific information if we are to help you
solve this problem.  Please call our Technical Support Department, we
will be more than happy to help you.

>And while you're at it when will Sys5r3 be available on ICM3216s?

In Beta-test now.  Providing all tests passed etc., should be released
sometime later this year.

>(Oh, yah, one other little problem: the clock gains about 30 seconds/day.

That is a bug that has been repaired and is available in our latest release
of the SVR2 software.  Call for more information.

JR

--
*  Joe Rawlings                         nsc!nscpdc!joer                       * *  ICM Product Support                  tektronix!reed!nscpdc!joer            *