[comp.sys.nsc.32k] problems with 32K designers kit.

bcd@psueclb.BITNET (02/05/88)

apparently national is making available an upgrade to the designers kit that
is more supportable.  this upgrade is free, however since dave raulino
mentioned its availability on the net there has been a run on them and i hear
there are currently backordered.

if people are having specific problems in getting a design based on a 32K to
work i might be able to help solve them.  i have put together a number of
32K systems including all of the parts except the MMU.  if people post
specific questions to the net i am sure that myself and others would be happy
to try and answer them in the interest of propagating the popularity of the
32K in hopes of more software in the future.

------------
                                        Bryan Davis (BCD@PSUECL)
                                        Engineering Computer Laboratory
                                        Pennsylvania State University

agnew@trwrc.UUCP (R.A. Agnew) (02/09/88)

In article <948@PSUECLB> bcd@psueclb.BITNET writes:
>work i might be able to help solve them.  i have put together a number of
>32K systems including all of the parts except the MMU.  if people post
>specific questions to the net i am sure that myself and others would be happy
>to try and answer them in the interest of propagating the popularity of the
>32K in hopes of more software in the future.

Yes, how did you implement DMA in view of the fact that national cancelled
thiers. I mean something that can support 8 chanells for a total throughput
of about 40 Mbytes/sec. as the Intel part for the 80386 does. I have ignored
the assanine remarks made on this board by the National rep to use the AMD
part; I want DMA thats commensurate with the bus bandwidth required by a 30Mhz
32532. I abhor the cavalier attitude that National reflected when they said
thier DMA wasn't very popular so they cancelled it. Then they wonder why
thier chips aren't popular!

[ Nobody is responsible for my remarks! ]