[comp.sys.nsc.32k] NS32532 computer kit

grenley@nsc.nsc.com (George Grenley) (02/11/88)

In article <233@trwrc.UUCP> agnew@trwrc.UUCP (R.A. Agnew) writes:

>Anyone who has a garage
>and a PC with a Schematic capture Cad/layout program could come
>up with a killer 32532 board, standalone with SCSI ports for
>just a few k$. The problem with low-cost is the $995 that National
>wants for the '532.  There will be announcements in the next few months
>that will make the '532 look silly, so I'd wait.
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Huh?  You mean from us?  I hope not....  8-)

It sounds like there might be some interest in a 532 kit of some sort.
(Why mess around with the old stuff?  After all, there's no such thing
as too much horsepower).

I believe our apps group has written some notes on 532 design, memory
interface, etc.  If NSC can make info available, is there someone out
there willing to: a) prototype a board, or b) do the layout, or c) any
other useful contribution?

If there is substantial interest, I will go beat on various people here
and see what we can do to help out users.  I realize $995 is kind of a
lot for a hobbyist...

"Because We Need The Bucks"	(apologies to KFATheads)

George Grenley
Person in Charge of Stuff
NSC