[comp.sys.nsc.32k] vertigo, Rusty are you there? hello?

scwilk@sdrc.UUCP (Ken Wilkinson) (02/22/88)

does anyone know what happened to Rusty
Haddock's info-icm at vertigo!fe2o3?
can't seem to get to it.  Also haven't
received any newsletters either.

Rusty are you there? Hows your 10-20?

rusty@hocpa.UUCP (M.W.HADDOCK) (02/24/88)

In article <228@sdrc.UUCP> scwilk@sdrc.UUCP (Ken Wilkinson) writes:
>does anyone know what happened to Rusty
>Haddock's info-icm at vertigo!fe2o3?
>can't seem to get to it.  Also haven't
>received any newsletters either.
>
>Rusty are you there? Hows your 10-20?

Well, Ken, me and 'fe2o3' are still around but we're no longer
talking to 'vertigo' since it went to the 3B20 graveyard in that
big Central Office (CO) in the sky about a week ago.  Since `vertigo'
no longer exists just change the `vertigo' in the path you've been
using to `hocpa' and everything should be OK.   For the time being,
if you can avoid Rutgers and get to me via an AT&T host (cbosgd,
codas, or ihnp4) all the better.   I say this 'cause Rutgers may
not have my map entry correct (yet!) and re-write your path (as they
usually do) to go through `vertigo' which is nonexistant now.

For those of you having the same problems in trying to contact
`INFO-ICM' I'll include below the notice I put into Volume 2
Issue ?.

BTW, INFO-ICM has been somewhat quiet lately with a little activity
now and then.   What's up folks???   Send somethin' in - say "Hi!",
let us in on what yer doin'.  Need some software, hardware?  Hacking
Gnu Emacs, GCC, whatever for SysV (or BSD)?  I hear there's some 32K
support in the recent versions GCC and GDB but I don't know how much
is for the Sequent as opposed to ICM or other 32K machines.

Ken, please accept my apologies - I just checked the mailling list
and found that for some reason or another I didn't have you included.
Well, I fixed that real quick - REALLY!   I'll be forwarding to you
directly the three issues of Volume 2  which began with the new year.
If you don't see it by the weekend gimme a yell.  Again, my humblest
apologies.

Enough for now.  Let me hear from you ICM or 32K-niks!!!

				-Rusty-

Rusty Haddock {{uunet!likewise!}cbosgd,rutgers!moss}!hocpa!rusty
AT&T-IS Consumer Products Laboratories - Human Factors Laboratory
Holmdel, New Joyzey  07733		(201) 834-1023
     -- Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
	from magic.	-Arthur C Clark-
     -- ... or a rigged demo.

------------------------------

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 88 00:29:03 est
>From: Rusty Haddock <rusty>
>Subject: Minor UUCP address change

		       *** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***

    Effective immediately the paths to the INFO-ICM addresses here on
'fe2o3' have changed slightly.  The only change needed is replace
"vertigo" with "hocpa".  "hocpa" is one of two brand spanking new DEC
VAX 8700's at AT&T in Holmdel, NJ that are replacing several 3B20's of
which "vertigo" was one.  "vertigo", and thus the old paths, should
remain viable for at least several more weeks.  AT&T's Computer Center
has not given me any firm dates with regards to the demise of
"vertigo".  I'll post a message when absolute death of "vertigo"
occurs.

    So... in short the new paths look like this:

 - Send submissions to ........................ fe2o3!info-icm
 - Send requests for list membership, back issues,
	and other information to	....... fe2o3!info-icm-request

 - Possible paths to fe2o3 (if your maps aren't up-to-date)
	{{uunet!likewise!}cbosgd,codas,rutgers!moss}!hocpa!fe2o3
						     ^^^^^
				This is all that is changing.

    Please adjust your path tables/aliases accordingly since neither I
nor AT&T have let the "net gods" know about this change yet.  I'll
also try to post this thru the netnews.  Hopefully this will catch
anyone that this issue will not reach for some reason or another.

    If you have any problems during this change please let me know and
I'll try to accomodate you as best I can.  During the day I can be
reached at AT&T via phone, (201) 834-1023.  Leave a short message and
I'll try to get back with you as soon as I can.