[comp.sys.nsc.32k] 532 prices

grenley@nsc.nsc.com (George Grenley) (10/25/88)

Oh boy! An interested party!

In article <1507@imagine.PAWL.RPI.EDU> night@pawl13.pawl.rpi.edu (Trip Martin) writes:
>In article <7219@nsc.nsc.com> grenley@nsc.nsc.com.UUCP (George Grenley) writes:
>>This is good news.  For those of you who are associated with Universities,
>>we have, among other things 532 designer kits (a good way to get a 532 chip),
>>and also VME332 boards - 15 mhz 332 cluster, good for realtime or unix.
>>These items can be bought very inexpensively (but not free).
>
>How much do the 532 designer kits and the VME332 boards cost?
>
>Trip Martin
>night@pawl.rpi.edu
>userffs7@rpitsmts.bitnet

Okay, here's the deal:
Anyone casn buy a 532DK (designer kit) for, you guessed it, $532 - for awhile.
This is a special intro price that will go away soon.  I don't know when,
exactly.  Call your local NSC distributor.

Universities can buy a 1 megabyte VME332 board for $950, pending final
approval here at the factory.  4 meg boards are $1900.  Please note
1 meg boards cannot be upgraded to 4 meg.

Final pricing hasn't been set on VME532, but I'm pushing for $3900.
As soon as it is finalized, I'll post something.

Regards,
George Grenley
shameless flack