[comp.sys.nsc.32k] UNIX Machine FOR SALE

shh%guppy@Sun.COM (Shiv Haris) (01/31/89)

For Sale:

	IBM PC Plug in card.

	OPUS SYS/32
	- NS 32032
	- 4 Meg. DRAM
	- XT/AT compatible
	- UNIX V.2
	- includes language tools

	Price: $1500 only

	The DRAM alone is worth $1500
	  You get the 32000 (CPU/FPU) and UNIX Free !!!

	Contact: 415-336-2137

	Or email:  sun!shh

kaufman@maxzilla.Encore.COM (Lar Kaufman) (02/09/89)

In article <87588@sun.uucp> shh%guppy@Sun.COM (Shiv Haris) writes:
>For Sale:
>
>	IBM PC Plug in card.
>
>	OPUS SYS/32
>	- NS 32032
>	- 4 Meg. DRAM
>	- XT/AT compatible
>	- UNIX V.2
>	- includes language tools
>
>	Price: $1500 only
>
>	The DRAM alone is worth $1500
>	  You get the 32000 (CPU/FPU) and UNIX Free !!!

If you missed this wonderful deal and still want something like it, I
have a ZAIAZ board that matches the same description. Additional
information:

        * The ZAIAZ is true 32032, not 32000
        * Comes with Green Hills C and Fortran (VAX Fortran extensions)
        * The ZAIAZ board runs at 10mHz
        * I/O is passed through MS-DOS so normal PC peripheral boards
          work transparently. I used this in a Compaq Deskpro with a
          Perstor ARLL disk controller with no problems. It works
          fine with Compaq's mono/CGA board and monitor, and also
          works with a super EGA board and multi-frequency monitor.

You need at least a 200W power supply in your XT or AT to use this
board, and a high-flow cooling fan or supplemental cooling fan. (The
Compaq Deskpro handled it without modification, but a standard XT or
early AT would probably die.)

Will consider a laptop machine, AT system, super-VGA graphics package,
or good camcorder in trade.

  -lar
                 Secular Animism, a value system for our times.

 Lar Kaufman <= my opinions                  kaufman@Encore.com
 Fidonet: 1:322/470@508-534-1842 (Green Dog of MassNet Central)