[comp.sys.nsc.32k] snarfing

mlewis@unocss.UUCP (Marcus S. Lewis) (02/25/89)

What seems to be the problem with beowulf?  I have gotten no response
either from the server or from Mr. Bownes in the last few weeks.  I
downloaded the as-ld parts 1 2 and 3, and there are 4 parts, since not
all of the assembler is there.  And none of the utilties listed in the
doc file.
I'm not bristling with outrage here, I just would like to compile the
assembler and see what else I can do with it.  Could Mr. Bownes please
respond either by E-mail or by post?
As far as I can tell (I'm a net.novice, really), I can respond to mail
addressed to cs057@unoma1 or mlewis@unocss or ...!uunet!unocss!mlewis
(I think that's how it goes. Several people have dropped me lines, so it
should work)
Marc Lewis

rmb384@leah.Albany.Edu (Robert M. Bownes III) (02/26/89)

	Marc,
		You wrote:
->What seems to be the problem with beowulf?  I have gotten no response
->either from the server or from Mr. Bownes in the last few weeks.  I
->downloaded the as-ld parts 1 2 and 3, and there are 4 parts, since not
->all of the assembler is there.  And none of the utilties listed in the
->doc file.

	I've tried to reply to your mlewis@unocss address on several occasions,
but have had the mail bounced back to me on each try. I'm sending this to all the addresses you listed in hope that one makes it....

	I've posted it as well just to make sure it comes through.
If anyone else has a similar problem, don't hesitate to give me a call
to straighten it out....

	As for as-ld part 4, it has been replaced in the archives, and one
of the bounces was in fact a copy of part 4 I tried to send you....If you get
this, let me know and we can take care of it.

->I'm not bristling with outrage here, I just would like to compile the

	No outrage taken....

->As far as I can tell (I'm a net.novice, really), I can respond to mail
->addressed to cs057@unoma1 or mlewis@unocss or ...!uunet!unocss!mlewis
->(I think that's how it goes. Several people have dropped me lines, so it
->should work)

	I'm not sure why it hasn't worked, but we'll try it again. I'll post
this as well.

	bob

--
Bob Bownes, Aka Keptin Comrade Dr Bobwrench III
bownesrm@beowulf.uucp  (518)-482-8798

josef@ugun21.UUCP (03/06/89)

I have problems contacting snarf.
I send:

 > sed << __EOF__ 's/^X//' | xmail beowulf!snarf-32k.usenet
 > XSubject: snarf
 > Xsnarf files as-ld-util/*
 > __EOF__

I get:

1st response:
 > We have been unable to contact machine 'steinmetz' since you queued your job.
 >
 > 	steinmetz!mail beowulf!snarf-32k   (Date 02/16)
 > The job will be deleted in several days if the problem is not corrected.

2nd response:
 > This mail message is undeliverable.
 > (Probably to or from system 'steinmetz')
 > It was sent to you or by you.
 > Sorry for the inconvenience.

 > 	Sincerely,
 > 	philabs!uucp

What's the problem?

		Josef Moellers

	paper mail:			e-mail:
c/o Nixdorf Computer AG		USA:  uunet!linus!nixbur!mollers.pad
Abt. EG-3			!USA: mcvax!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad
Unterer Frankfurter Weg
D-4790 Paderborn
tel.: (+49) 5251 104691

Standard disclaimer: Blablabla opinion blablabla employer blablabla!