[comp.sys.nsc.32k] binutil patches

sverre@lars.Seri.GOV (Sverre Froyen) (05/04/90)

I copied the latest binutils from prep.ai.mit.edu and Ian's patches
(binutils.patch1.1.Z from bu.edu.  However, when I try to apply them
I get numerous failures.  Since his patches for gas and gcc worked
without a hitch, I suspect that Ian used an older copy of binutils.
Before I try to merge his patches into the current binutils version
I want to check if someone has already done so.  Anyone???
--Sverre

PS.  This mailing list has been rather quiet lately.  Also, are we now
officially using comp.sys.nsc.32k rather than alt.sys.pc532.  I wote
for this since I am tempted to drop alt completely.

dlr@daver.bungi.com (Dave Rand) (05/04/90)

[In the message entitled "binutil patches" on May  4,  8:50, Sverre Froyen writes:]

> PS.  This mailing list has been rather quiet lately.  Also, are we now
> officially using comp.sys.nsc.32k rather than alt.sys.pc532.  I wote
> for this since I am tempted to drop alt completely.

The mailing list will move to comp.sys.nsc.32k. alt.sys.pc532 will go
away this weekend. Those people on the mailing list may remain on the
mailing list, or move to the newsgroup as you wish. I have also logged
over 130K in the last week on the mailing list - I don't think that is
too quiet :-)

Remember: Please address your "change requests" to pc532-request@bungi.com
**NOT** pc532@bungi.com.

I will gateway all related material to the mailing list from the
usenet newsgroup, but I would appreciate it if people would still
mail pc532 related items to pc532@bungi.com. It saves me time that
way.

--
Dave Rand
{pyramid|hoptoad|sun|vsi1}!daver!dlr	Internet: dlr@daver.bungi.com

yoshio@Sun.COM (yoshio nakamura) (05/05/90)

	What is "binutil"?

-yoshio

yoshio@Sun.COM (yoshio nakamura) (05/05/90)

	What is "binutil"?

-yoshio

Yoshio Nakamura                      Internet: yoshio@ucrmath.ucr.edu
University of Calif., Riverside      uucp: {ucsd, uci, ucdavis}!ucrmath!yoshio

ian@sibyl.eleceng.ua.oz.au (05/05/90)

Sverre Froyen writes:
 > Before I try to merge his patches into the current binutils version
 > I want to check if someone has already done so.  Anyone???
OK. I'll get ftp prep tomorrow and put up new patches ASAP.