[comp.sys.nsc.32k] Live boards

ian@sibyl.eleceng.ua.oz.au (05/31/90)

Jon Loeliger writes:
 > As usual, if you aren't on the list and you want to be and your board
 > suddenly springs to life one dim 3 AM, send me a piece of mail or post
 > your exuberance to the pc532 list and I'll add you to the list of The Few,
 > The Proud, The Living.

Mine works! It wasn't very dramatic actually. Powered it up und the
LED's came on, but nothing on the screen. I spent a while worrying
about RS232 cables. But still nothing. I borrowed a logic probe and
confirmed that the DUARTS where indeed being written to just after
reset and that the DUART clock was present. Decided I could find no
reason why it wasn't working (without getting out heavier duty test
equipment), so I looked at the screen and lo and be hold there was a
whole screen of "banners" (one from each reset). It had been
working for a while without me noticing!

Now seems a good time to thank again all the people involved (I just
did the soldering :-). It wouldn't work if Benjamin Pan, Karl Swartz
and Trip Martin hadn't obtained parts for me.  Of course, thanks are
especially due to Dave Rand and George Scolaro for designing the board
in the first place and organizing the initial kits.

Ian Dall