[comp.sys.nsc.32k] PC532 -- naive question: how much?

chris@asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton) (08/30/90)

I just found out about the PC532 project/concept thing -- highly amusing.
What's the price of admission? Looks like I can buy a board; PALs too? how
much? And what do the rest of the parts total up to, more or less? Sources?

Thanks much!
INET: chris@asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov (128.183.10.155)        NASA/GSFC: Code 735
UUCP: ...!uunet!asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov!chris               Greenbelt, MD 20771
SPAN: PITCH::CHRIS                    Fax: 301-286-9214  Phone: 301-286-6093

dlr@daver.bungi.com (Dave Rand) (08/31/90)

In article <CHRIS.90Aug29134613@asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov> chris@asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton) writes:
>I just found out about the PC532 project/concept thing -- highly amusing.
>What's the price of admission? Looks like I can buy a board; PALs too? how
>much? And what do the rest of the parts total up to, more or less? Sources?

So far, we have about 107 boards out there... The next run of boards will
be started soon (expect a message on this topic on Tuesday, next week).

The cost of the PCB will depend on the number of boards produced. The
"normal" price is $200 per board, but this may change. We ship the PCB,
schematics, pal equations, and documentation with the board. It's up to
you to get the rest of the parts together, although I can help with the
CPU/FPU/ICU. Steve Ligett <steve.ligett@mac.dartmouth.edu> put together
a kit of all parts for people in the last run - I don't know if he is
willing to do it again, though (Steve?). Perhaps he could post the
prices, anyway, so people can get a good idea of what it all costs.

--
Dave Rand
{pyramid|mips|bct|vsi1}!daver!dlr	Internet: dlr@daver.bungi.com