[comp.sys.nsc.32k] jove 4.13

kls@halas.UUCP (Karl Swartz) (09/12/90)

I finally got Jove working on Minix.  Quite a pain, more due to
untested ANSI C stuff in Jove than anything inherent in Minix,
though some were real bastards to find.  Now to update to 4.14,
which I just found.  Hopefully this won't be too hard.

Once I get 4.14 done I'll post diffs if there's enough interest.

--
Karl Swartz

jem@sauna.hut.fi (Johan Myreen) (09/13/90)

>From: kls@halas.uucp (Karl Swartz)
>I finally got Jove working on Minix.  Quite a pain, more due to
>Once I get 4.14 done I'll post diffs if there's enough interest.

I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in your patches.

I myself have written something that also might interest you out
there: a driver for the real time clock. You talk to it through the
special file /dev/rtc, by reading or writing 8 (or less) bytes from/to
it, corresponding to the eight bytes in the real time chip. Makes
setting the time a little bit easier, at least you don't need a spare
hard disk partition :-)

But I have a small distribution problem. I have it on my machine at
home, but I have no net access at home, in fact, I don't even have a
phone there yet :-) But I'm working on it...

__
Johan Myreen
jem@cs.hut.fi