[comp.sys.nsc.32k] Posting information

dlr@daver.bungi.com (Dave Rand) (10/24/90)

When posting information to the pc532-src mailing list, it is important
to following these guidelines, to ensure that everyone gets the source.

1. Please ensure that your postings are not bigger than 50K bytes.
   Many mailers refuse to accept data that is larger than 50K per message.
   It is OK to split the source between multiple messages (using split,
   for example).

2. The recommended source distribution form is UUENCODED tar or shar
   files. If the files are very large, you may wish to compress the
   image to save space. In this case, it is suggested that you use
   the "compress" program, with the -b13 option (minimizes space
   requirements when decompressing). Straight source postings are
   welcome, but please be aware that some mailers with corrupt tab
   and other characters with no warning.

3. There is no rule 3.

4. The purpose of the sources group is for source code only. Please
   keep messages (such as this one) in the main-stream pc532 list!
   I'll fix up Reply-to so that replies are automatically sent back
   to the correct list...

Thanks!

--
Dave Rand
{pyramid|mips|bct|vsi1}!daver!dlr	Internet: dlr@daver.bungi.com

news@daver.bungi.com (10/24/90)

Dave:

> to following these guidelines, to ensure that everyone gets the source.

Huh?  Where is this mailing list?  How do I get on it?
At one time I thought you were going to start a new news group.

> 3. There is no rule 3.

Yah!  Why does every list have to have a rule 3 anyway?

Maybe rule 4. should be moved to rule 5. and a new rule 4. added that
says:

4. In case there appears to be a rule 3, refer to rule 3.