[comp.sys.nsc.32k] ksh and tar

sverre@lars.Seri.GOV (Sverre Froyen) (10/25/90)

I tried to compile the ksh that was posted to the mailing list
yesterday, but had immediate problems.  The compiler complains
about a number of include files missing, e.g., alloc.h.  Perhaps
some kind soul could post these.

After copying the root partition to a different part of the disk
using tar I noticed that all my suid programs had lost their
suid bit.  Apparently tar ignores this part of the mode.
Anyone has a fix?

Finally, it would be useful to have a way to issue scsi commands
directly from minix (rather than from the monitor).  My inclination
is to implement a /dev/scsi and pass pointers to command block etc.
Is anyone working on this and/or have ideas on how best to do this?

Thanks all!
Sverre

--
Sverre Froyen
sverre@seri.gov, sunpeaks!seri!sverre

news@daver.bungi.com (10/26/90)

> yesterday, but had immediate problems.  The compiler complains
> about a number of include files missing, e.g., alloc.h.  Perhaps
> some kind soul could post these.

I assume (hope) the repost solved the problem..

---
John Connin: manatee Orlando, Florida
         UUCP: {uunet,ucf-cs}!tarpit!manatee!johnc