[comp.sys.nsc.32k] C++ for the pc532

ron@scocan.sco.COM (Ron Irvine) (11/02/90)

I would like to port g++ 1.37.1 (gnu C++) to the pc532.  To
do this I need to have ported gcc (built on the current Minix-532
release with Bruce's tools).  So the question is: has anyone done this?
If so, do you have a set of diffs from the gcc 1.37.1 base?

Ron Irvine	ron@scocan.com

jkp@sauna.hut.fi (Jyrki Kuoppala) (11/14/90)

Ron Irvine writes:

>I would like to port g++ 1.37.1 (gnu C++) to the pc532.  To
>do this I need to have ported gcc (built on the current Minix-532
>release with Bruce's tools).  So the question is: has anyone done this?
>If so, do you have a set of diffs from the gcc 1.37.1 base?
>
>Ron Irvine	ron@scocan.com

I have a set of diffs to gcc 1.37.94 (no, that's not a released
version of gcc).  They're available for anon. ftp in nic.funet.fi,
directory pub/misc/pc-532/GNU-hut.  In the same directory there's also
some other diffs to get GNU software work on the pc532 (for example
bash).

I haven't tested the 1.37.94 diffs but they're essentially the same as
I had for gcc 1.37.92 which worked.  With gas 1.37 the gas code
generation seems to work (gas doesn't complain as it did with version
1.36) but I haven't tested it.  (I still don't have my board running;
managed to put the SCSI controller and FPU sockets in the wrong places
;-(.

Unmodified gcc 1.37.94 is also on nic.funet.fi,
/pub/gnu/unsupported/gcc.xtar.Z.

//Jyrki