[comp.sys.nsc.32k] status of gas/gld for PC532

jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com (Jordan K. Hubbard) (11/19/90)

I know that this is old news here, but my archives are overflowing
and I'm not sure where the most recent information is. My question is:
Where are the most recent patches to vanilla GCC 1.37.1, GAS (1.36 or 1.37)
and GLD for the PC532? I'm currently using Bruce's development system
(and a very reliable one it is, too, no slight to Bruce intended) but
need something more in the way of symbol information and would also
like to standardize on one set of compiler/assembler/loader sources
since I also use GCC/GAS/GLD on my '020 box.

So, what's the latest scoop?

Thanks!

				Jordan

ian@sibyl.eleceng.ua.OZ (Ian Dall) (11/22/90)

In article <9011191436.AA05602@meepmeep.pcs.com> jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com (Jordan K. Hubbard) writes:
>I know that this is old news here, but my archives are overflowing
>and I'm not sure where the most recent information is. My question is:
>Where are the most recent patches to vanilla GCC 1.37.1, GAS (1.36 or 1.37)
>and GLD for the PC532?

The situation as far as I am concerned hasn't changed for about 5
months.  The patches I made to gas (including syntax changes) have, I
was told, been incorporated into gas 1.37 but I haven't checked.
I have also recently fixed the only known outstanding bug in gcc
port where it sometimes generates displacements which are too big.
(That hasn't been incorporated into the patches on augean though,
but it could easilly be if there is demand).

I have also got a utility for extracting the bits from a gld generated
executable and down loading it. I don't have minix (I don't have time
to play with it at the moment and I am kind of hoping that there will
be a unix (or maybe mach) by the time I submit my thesis). Anyway the
point is, minix or gld would no doubt need changes so that the
executables are in a compatable format.

--
Ian Dall     life (n). A sexually transmitted disease which afflicts
                       some people more severely than others.