From: Steven.D.Ligett@mac.dartmouth.edu
To: pc532@bungi.com
Subject: The Return of ...
Date: 26 Nov 90 13:21:49

The PC532 Parts Kit News
Volume 2, Number 1

Picture Postcards

Wait!  Don't go yet.  I suckered you in to reading this, even though you
aren't interested in the "PC532 Parts Kit News", with my clever subject line.
:-)  I'd like to ask a favor of you.

A friend of mine, Syndey Long, has been ill since spring.  As we're heading
into the dark season here, I thought she might like to get some picture
postcards to brighten her days.  From vacation spots, and other places around
the world.  I've sent her a couple, so, there's a theme.  The message on the
card is variations of:

   Having a great time
   in the sun at Post Pond,
   wish you were here.

   The Ligetts

(Post Pond is our local swimming hole.)

So, if you have the time to dash off a card to Sydney, with that message, or
any reasonable variation, thank you very much!  Her address is:

Sydney Long
Rural Route 2, Box 262C
Lyme, New Hampshire  03768
USA

(Hey, no, she's not trying to get in the Guiness Book of Records, really!!)

---
Page 2

Old News

I've been putting off sending this note, trying to finish up all the old PC532
Parts Kit orders that weren't (finished).  At this point, I have only two left
- Marc A. Boschma et. al., and some 2681's for Tom Javen.  Everything else has
gone out.  So, check what you've gotten, and if you haven't gotten it all by
November 30, write me.  I hearby declare round one of the PC532 Parts Kits
(almost) done.

---
Page 3

New News

Last week, I got MY PC532 PCB from George and Dave.  It's a beauty.  Nice,
clean, spacious layout.  Anyway, I don't have all parts to stuff it, so it's
time to start round two of the PC532 Parts Kits.

I will be doing PC532 parts kits again.  Differently from the first time.
(Better, faster, easier, etc.)  I've grouped the parts into 16 kits of related
pieces based on the partial orders I got the first time.  I won't be selling
the 80 or so individual different parts separately.  Here are the 16 kits:

Kit  Price  Description
1    $14    All Capacitors
2     10    Crystal and Oscillators
3     10				All resistors, fuses, diodes, leds,
resistor networks
4     35    All 74xxx logic
5     31    All PALs and Eprom (all programmed)
6     20    8 mc145406's
7     23    4 scn2681's
8     34    1 aic6250el
9      9    1 dp8490
10    19    1 ds1216e
11    10    cpu socket
12    20    8 SIMM sockets
13    15    4 "XT" connectors
14    50    8 serial I/O kits - cables, connectors, screwlocks, brackets
15    60    All other sockets, connectors, jumpers, scsi cable, etc.
16   300    4 Toshiba THM91000AS-70  70 ns 1 meg x 9 SIMMs

What's In The Kits?

If you order all kits, 1 - 16, you'll have everything to bring up your PC532,
except the CPU, FPU, and ICU.  All the parts are new, bought from authorized
distributors.

The memory is genuine Toshiba 70 ns 1 meg SIMMs with parity.  If a bunch of
you want me to look for cheaper memory, write.  If there's interest, I'll get
a price for 70 ns 3rd party SIMMs with parity, probably using Micron
Technology parts.  If you are interested in getting 4 meg SIMMs, write.  I'll
look for a price.

All the sockets except the CPU socket are from AMP.  They are dual-leaf
beryllium copper, with gold plating.  Good sockets, but not the most
expensive.  The other connectors are from AMP too, and have gold plating.

How to Order

Follow the instructions below.  Please send your order by December 17th.
Orders received after that will be returned.  This will be a one-shot deal
this time.

Inside USA

Choose which kits you want, and mail your order to me with a check to cover
the costs of the parts you want, plus $10 for shipping.  Please make the check
out to "Schoolhouse Design Labs".  Mail your order to:

Steve Ligett
Schoolhouse Design Labs
Rural Route #3, Box 451
Lyme, NH  03768

Please include a list of the kits you want, your name, address, and phone
number.

Outside USA

Choose which kits you want.  Email me a list of those kits.  My Email address
is  pc532@dartmouth.edu (if that doesn't work, then try ...!dartvax!stevel).
Please include a list of the kits you want, your name, street address, and
phone number.  The parts will be shipped via UPS (or Federal Express), so
please include your address and a phone number.  Then send payment for the
parts plus $55 for shipping.  Either airmail me a check (in US$) as described
above, or have your bank wire payment to me at my bank:

First New Hampshire Bank of Lebanon
  ABA #: 011700878
  My Account #: 1003715647-01

In your Email, please tell me how you're sending payment.  If you wire
payment, please tell me the name of your bank in your Email.  And, ask your
bank to send your name with the wire.  I've gotten wire transfers with NO
indication of the sender, not even the name of the country.

Other Details

My phone number is 603 795-2244.  My mail and email addresses are above.  I
promise to read my mail and email at least weekly.  (I haven't always, in the
past.)  Any questions?  write.

thanks,
Steve