[comp.sys.nsc.32k] Help! Where do I get a parts kit?

chris@imsdx3.UUCP (Chris Ott) (02/10/91)

     Well, I'm getting pretty jealous of all you guys getting your machines
running when I'm having a heck of a time just getting the PC board. :-)

     I sent mail to Steve Ligett about a parts kit and now he's waiting for
a reply. Unfortunately, he doesn't sell the boards and it's pointless to
get a parts kit without the board. I tried to send Email to daver@bungi.com
three weeks ago, but got no response, not even a bounce notice. Is this the
right address? If not, does anyone know the right address?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Ott                      | Infatuation is blind, not love.  A person
Information Management Systems | in love can see the other's faults, but
...!uunet!bria!imsdx3!chris    | loves them anyway.

m2m@sgfb.ssd.ray.com (Mark J. Munkacsy) (02/11/91)

In article <110@imsdx3.UUCP> chris@imsdx3.UUCP (Chris Ott) writes:

>     Well, I'm getting pretty jealous of all you guys getting your machines
>running when I'm having a heck of a time just getting the PC board. :-)
>Unfortunately, he [Steve L.] doesn't sell the boards and it's pointless to
>get a parts kit without the board.

If you're like me, you become a trusting soul and jump at Steve's parts
kit offer and hope that at some point there is enough interest for George
Scolaro to do another PC board run.  Having watched the pc532 from it's
public beginnings (although only recently jumping on the bandwagon), I've
become convinced that parts acquisition is harder than getting a PCB
(although economies of scale are more important for PCB fabrication than
for IC procurement).  However, once enough interest is expressed it becomes
economical for another PCB run.
    All you need is trust :-)

Mark J. Munkacsy, m2m@sgfb.ssd.ray.com
--
Mark J. Munkacsy; Raytheon Submarine Signal Division
Internet:   m2m@sgfb.ssd.ray.com