[comp.sys.nsc.32k] Getting Jyrki's backups on this side of the pond

rjohnson@mprgate.mpr.ca (Robbin Johnson) (02/13/91)

Has anyone ftp'ed Jyrki's backups to North America yet?  I have been
having a very slow time of it all, with locl8Feb91.t.Z and gnu-8Feb91.t.Z
being somewhat unattainable due to ftp stalling out and such.  At the
effective rate I am getting, it will take over 8 hours to get gnu-...
(We are T1 to the province-wide net and 56kbps to the US so I should be
able to do better :-( )

I do have the other, freely distributable pieces and while I cannot make
them FTP'able from here, I can put them somewhere if someone offers the
disk space.

(As an aside to Jyrki, I sent you some email wrt the licensed portions,
did you get it?)

Looking forward to lots of gstuff...
---
Robbin W. Johnson		rjohnson@mpr.ca		    MPR Teltech Ltd.

taylor@Think.COM (David Taylor) (02/13/91)

<From: Robbin Johnson <ames!mprgate.mpr.ca!rjohnson@Think.COM>
<Date: Tue, 12 Feb 91 15:36:49 PST

<Has anyone ftp'ed Jyrki's backups to North America yet?

I don't have 'em yet; I've been too busy with other things.

<I do have the other, freely distributable pieces and while I cannot make
<them FTP'able from here, I can put them somewhere if someone offers the
<disk space.

I'm willing to make a directory in the anonymous ftp area on Think.COM,
and make it mode 777.  We don't support a mail server and last time I
asked, there were no plans to support one...

<pause>

Done.  There's now a new directory, /pc532, in the anonymous ftp area on
think.com.  The Internet addresses of Think.COM are 131.239.2.1 and
192.5.104.212.  Please place only freely redistributable pc532 related
sources stuff there.

David

p.s. If you add/delete/modify files in the anonymous ftp area, please
send mail either to me (taylor@think.com) or to the pc532 list
(pc532@bungi.com).

p.p.s. They're currently in the midst of making some security related
changes to login, and the like, from the outside world.  None of this
*should* affect anonymous ftp, but... if you have problems, let me know.
--
David Taylor
taylor@think.com, ...{ames,bloom-beacon,harvard}!think!taylor

phil@Shiva.COM (Phil Budne) (02/14/91)

Yes.  I have them in Shiva.COM:~ftp/users/phil/nsc/PC532/nic.funet.fi
(say THAT three times fast!)

-p