[comp.sys.nsc.32k] ICM 1632 and BSD 4.3

wilk@cinnet.com (Ken Wilkinson) (04/17/91)

   Hi folks!

   I haven't been on for a while and would like to renew
   discussions with other folks using the ICM 1632 (uses a
   32016 NSC processor).  I really would like to BUY a
   copy of BSD 4.3 from the U. of T. but   don't have a
   contact to reach them. Otherwise will have to make do
   with Sys V release 2. (darn!)

   Ken Wilkinson
   {cinnet.wilk}
   Voice: (513) 860-8412 Day
          (513) 247-0626 Nites

rusty@fe2o3.laurel.md.us (Rusty Haddock) (04/26/91)

Actually it BSD4.2 and no upgrades or ports of 4.3 were done.
I was also informed that UToronto has lost their sources to the
ICM3216 BSD4.2 port so....

Here's part of the announcement in case anyone else is
interested....  Heck, I don't know if UToronto still distributes
this software.

		BSD 4.2 from U of Toronto

The University of Toronto's Engineering Computing Facility (ECF)
has been licensed to distribute a 4.2BSD port for the ICM3216.

The 4.2BSD distribution includes:

	- C, FORTRAN, and Pascal compilers *
	- a kernel binary configuration package
	- serial-net driver
	- SCSI hard disk driver, SCSI streaming tape driver.
	- line printer driver
	- bootload EPROMS

A binary-only version is available on a 9 track cartridge tape.

To obtain further details and information on orderingm, contact:

		Ms. Ella Lund-Thomsen,
		Engineering Computing Facility,
		University of Toronto,
		35 St. George St., Rm 154
		Toronto, Ontario
		M5S 1A4

		(416) 978-4250

The price, as I remember it, was somewhere around US$295.  There
was also a licensing form that was to be completed in triplicate.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

	-Rusty-
	Former INFO-ICM mailing list maintainer.
---
Rusty Haddock		o  rusty@fe2o3.LAUREL.MD.US
Laurel, Maryland	o  {uunet,rutgers}!mimsy.umd.edu!fe2o3!rusty

    -=> This .signature protected by Smith & Wesson <=-
--

john@starfire.UUCP (John Lind) (05/07/91)

In article <473@fe2o3.laurel.md.us>, rusty@fe2o3.laurel.md.us (Rusty Haddock) writes:
> Actually it BSD4.2 and no upgrades or ports of 4.3 were done.
> I was also informed that UToronto has lost their sources to the
> ICM3216 BSD4.2 port so....
>
> Here's part of the announcement in case anyone else is
> interested....  Heck, I don't know if UToronto still distributes
> this software.

It is with a very heavy heart that I must tell you that this is no longer
available.  I called them immediately, and Ms. Ella Lund-Thomsen doesn't
work there anymore.  The fellow I did reach seemed somewhat knowledgeable
of the situation, and said that they dropped support over two years ago,
and no-longer even have a copy themselves to give away.

I could just about cry.  I've had one too many disappointments chasing this
rabbit trail.  I WANT SOME NEWER SOFTWARE.  Get BSD, I thought.  It'll
be around for ever.  Yeah, sort of -- just that no-one will see a port
for my CPU to me!  Ah, well, maybe 4.9 [sic] will be public domain...
--
		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 13001, Mpls MN  55414