[comp.sys.nsc.32k] scsi tape?

bdale@gag.COM (Bdale Garbee) (06/15/91)

Long as we're talking about bits... what's the state of SCSI tape?  Anyone
got a tape drive working under 1.5h?  What's it take?

I have a Teac MT-2ST/45S-24-U on the shelf in my basement.  This is the "60meg"
on a tape that looks sort of like an audio cassette.  I've got a couple boxes
of tapes, and the more I get working the more I'd like a way to back it up...

Bdale

cruff@ncar.ucar.edu (Craig Ruff) (06/15/91)

In article <9106142329.AA06906@winfree.col.hp.com> bdale@gag.COM (Bdale Garbee) writes:
>I have a Teac MT-2ST/45S-24-U on the shelf in my basement.  This is the "60meg"
>on a tape that looks sort of like an audio cassette.  I've got a couple boxes
>of tapes, and the more I get working the more I'd like a way to back it up...

I've got a Teac MT-2ST/N50, which is the 150 MB version.  Currently I am working
on getting it running on my Mac IIsi running A/UX.  The driver is fairly simple
(but A/UX's SCSI subsystem has quirks), so it might be fairly straight forward
to port to Minix.  I can certainly post it when it is tested further.
--
Craig Ruff      	NCAR			cruff@ncar.ucar.edu
(303) 497-1211  	P.O. Box 3000