[comp.sys.ti] Plea for interest in TI Pro

las@apr.UUCP (Larry Shurr) (09/04/87)

I can't believe it!  I just can't believe it!...  O.K. I believe it.

Recently, I reposted some patches for the PCDOS version of Turbo Pascal
at the request of a few dedicated souls interested in the TI Pro.  I
had hoped that this would help stimulate further discussion in this
newsgroup and perhaps raise interest in futher enhancing the patch set.

When I posted them the first time I hoped the same thing, but shortly
after I did, I lost access to the net for an extended period due to
the death of our local machine.  Any replies, follow-ups, flames, etc.
(if any) were lost to me.  Wouldn't you know it, shortly after my
repost, we temporarily lost usenet access during the transition from
osu-eddie to osu-cis.  Although they apparently tried to save the news
on cbosgd until osu-cis was up, some of it was lost.  Since I have not
seen any new articles in this newsgroup since I reposted the patches,
either 1) any follow-ups and other postings were in the lost news, 2)
some other network event/anomoly has swallowed them up, or 3) nobody
really gives a damn about the TI Pro.

So come on folks, let's see some action here.  Otherwise let's just
rename this group comp.sys.orphans or maybe comp.sys.closet.

regards, Larry
--
"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."
- Oscar Wilde, James Whistler or George Bernard Shaw depending on who you ask

wheels@mks.UUCP (09/07/87)

In article <272@apr.UUCP>, las@apr.UUCP (Larry Shurr) writes:
> So come on folks, let's see some action here.  Otherwise let's just
> rename this group comp.sys.orphans or maybe comp.sys.closet.
>
> regards, Larry

OK. Now, please remember that I'm not a TI owner (I like my ST), but
I did do some work on it a year or more ago. I ported the QNX operating
system (see ads in recent BYTEs) to the TI Pro for Quantum Software.
Briefly, QNX is a Unix-like os, multi-user, multi-tasking, etc.
I don't know its current status, whether Quantum is supporting it
or not.

If you're interested, I suggest calling Quantum at (613)591-0931.
--
     ll  // // ,'/~~\' Gerry Wheeler {decvax,ihnp4,seismo}!watmath!mks!wheels
    /ll/// //l' `\\\   Mortice Kern Systems Inc.         (519) 884-2251