[comp.sys.ti] Lost video - help !

FNR@PSUVM.BITNET (BobMr. Wonderful Dainauski) (04/20/88)

My TI99 4A will no longer give me video display. I can tell from
the sounds that it is still functioning though. Example if I
go into basic and type a CALL SOUND it works. Anyone else had
this problem ? Any ideas ? Does anyone still service the 99 ?
Thanks.

Bob

kyriazis@pawl20.pawl.rpi.edu (George Kyriazis) (04/21/88)

In article <39707FNR@PSUVM> FNR@PSUVM.BITNET (BobMr. Wonderful Dainauski) writes:
>My TI99 4A will no longer give me video display. I can tell from
>the sounds that it is still functioning though. Example if I
>go into basic and type a CALL SOUND it works. Anyone else had
>this problem ? Any ideas ? Does anyone still service the 99 ?
>Thanks.
>
>Bob

	Hmm...  There might be a loose connection somewhere near the
video circuitry.  I have the circuit diagrams of the TI99.  I can try sending
them to you.

*George C. Kyriazis                                   *    Gravity is a myth
*kyriazis@mts.rpi.edu or kyriazis@rpitsmts.bitnet     *        \    /
*kyriazis@life.pawl.rpi.edu  kyriazis@docsun.rpi.edu  *         \  /
*Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering Dept.    *          ||
*Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180     *      Earth sucks

stevewa@upvax.UUCP (Steve Ward) (04/24/88)

In article <39707FNR@PSUVM> FNR@PSUVM.BITNET (BobMr. Wonderful Dainauski) writes:
>My TI99 4A will no longer give me video display. I can tell from
>the sounds that it is still functioning though. Example if I
>go into basic and type a CALL SOUND it works. Anyone else had
>this problem ? Any ideas ? Does anyone still service the 99 ?
>Thanks.
>
>Bob

Check the monitor cable first.  It's the cheapest part to replace, and it's
the most prone to failure.  If you're using a TV set and the RF modulator,
you can get a new one at Radio Shack for $5.  They bought up TIs stock of
these after TI discontinued the 99 (which I still think was a dumb thing
for them (TI) to do).  If you're using a "real" video monitor and cable,
most department stores that sell computer stuff sell a cable which
goes from 5-pin DIN to 5 RCA plugs.  It's simply a matter of trying the
plugs one after another until you figure out which is audio and which is
video.

Hope this helps.
Steve