[comp.sys.ti] Sargon for TI99/4A

frameli@dpdmai.dec.com (Vernon Dale Frameli) (06/25/88)

        I have a friend who is looking for a copy of Sargon for his
     TI99/4A

                                                  Dale

pearl@athos.rutgers.edu (Starbuck) (06/30/88)

In article <8806251524.AA22201@decwrl.dec.com> frameli@dpdmai.dec.com (Vernon Dale Frameli) writes:

>        I have a friend who is looking for a copy of Sargon for his
>     TI99/4A
>
>                                                  Dale

Nope.  I believe TI made a Chess cartridge but as far as I know,
Sargon ws never released for the TI.  I am not sure what is happening
in the TI software scene nowadays but I don't think there is a decent
chess program for the TI.

Steve

Stephen Pearl (Starbuck)    Work: (201)932-3465   Home:  (201)246-3927
UUCP:  rutgers!topaz.rutgers.edu!pearl   ARPA:  pearl@topaz.rutgers.edu
US MAIL:  LPO 12749 CN 5064, New Brunswick, NJ 08903
QUOTES: "What is Starbuck-ing?" -Adultress 19
	"Works for me!" -Rick Hunter (The Cop, not the Robotech Defender)

edlee@chinet.UUCP (Edward Lee) (06/30/88)

In article <Jun.29.17.48.54.1988.5578@athos.rutgers.edu> pearl@athos.rutgers.edu (Starbuck) writes:

>[...]  I believe TI made a Chess cartridge but as far as I know,
>Sargon ws never released for the TI [....]
>
>Steve

I have never heard of Sargon for the TI, either, but TI did manufacture a
chess cartridge as you mentioned.  It was decent.  In fact, it was good.
The game wasn't good at endings, though.  I had the cartridge, but I gave
it away.  Triton or Tenex may still have some in stock.  I'm sorry to say
that I do not have their phone numbers or addresses or catalogs handy.  A
list of TI vendors was posted in this newsgroup a few months ago.  The
name of the cartridge is TI Chess.

-Ed L

guhsd000@crash.cts.com (Paula Ferris) (07/02/88)

I looked to see if Tenex had that chess game you people were looking for.  Well, it's not in the new catalog, but they should have it.  Often they have small supplies of things they do not advertise.

You may want to call them and see if they have any.  Here's their info again:

   Tenex, P.O. Box 6578
   South Bend, IN  46660-6578
   219-259-7051

   Does anyone know if you can send ARC and ARC/COMP (Archived-Compressed) files through mail and net?

   Also, how many people are using Telco 2.1?

--
======================================
End Of Message

UUCP: (cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc, inhp4)!crash!guhsd000
UUCP(pnet): (cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc, inhp4)!crash!pnet01!guhsd000
ARPA: crash!guhsd000@nosc.mil
INET: guhsd000@crash.CTS.COM
CIS: 73717,226
TELEX: Temp. Disabled

...Where the streets have no name. -U2

EL CAJON, CALIFORNIA, USA
(That's really close to San Diego, if you didn't know.)