[comp.sys.ti] looking for ti users

dave@dad.UUCP (David Jensen) (08/10/88)

I am looking for users of the downrated TI computer system. It would seem
that this is a forgotten computer by this news group. I would certinly like
to talk with some of the other users of this small but powerful little
machine and it's upgraded counter-part the Geneve.

Hopinng for some respose.

	 Dave Jensen

kirmse@ai.etl.army.mil (Andrew Kirmse) (08/10/88)

     I tried to send mail, but the usual happened.  I'd be willing to discuss
whatever interests you about the TI.  I agree the the TMS 9900 microprocessor
and its assembly language especially have been underrated.  Kind of makes me
wonder why TI dropped the 99/4a, but there's still lots of support in various
BBS's around the country.  The Geneve has added new life to software support (I
don't have one :-( so at least people are still writing stuff.  I'm happy to
have just gotten the TELCO terminal emulator (it's hard to read this stuff on a
40 column screen!), and there are many other good programs out there, mostly in
Assembly though so no hacking is possible.  Much of Legends in XB, now if only
it weren't so slow..
---Andrew Kirmse

P.S. A screen editor for TI-Runner is now available, send mail if interested.

guhsd000@crash.cts.com (Paula Ferris) (08/11/88)

In article <3480@dad.UUCP> dave@dad.UUCP (David Jensen) writes:
>I am looking for users of the downrated TI computer system. It would seem
>that this is a forgotten computer by this news group. I would certinly like
>to talk with some of the other users of this small but powerful little
>machine and it's upgraded counter-part the Geneve.
>

>Hopinng for some respose.
>
>	 Dave Jensen

I'm A TI user, and still use mine daily.

Although this is not my account (Being used with permission mind you) I regularly use it to get to the net.

Few people realize what the TI-99/4A can really do.  4 DSDD drives, multiple ramdisks (Upto a Meg. each.), multiple harddrives, upto 9600 baud.  Commodore (HAHA) can't say all this. 4 serial ports, 2 paraell ports, new AVPC upgrade, 80 cols, speech..

...It slices...it dices....it...

(I am a certified, twisted, and all around unstable person, as label by my peers.)

KCVW

--
======================================
End Of Message

UUCP: (cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc, inhp4)!crash!guhsd000
UUCP(pnet): (cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc, inhp4)!crash!pnet01!guhsd000
ARPA: crash!guhsd000@nosc.mil
INET: guhsd000@crash.CTS.COM
CIS: 73717,226
TELEX: Temp. Disabled

...Where the streets have no name. -U2

EL CAJON, CALIFORNIA, USA
(That's really close to San Diego, if you didn't know.)
======================================

In article <170@ai.etl.army.mil> kirmse@ai.etl.army.mil (Andrew Kirmse) writes:

>     I tried to send mail, but the usual happened.  I'd be willing to discuss
>whatever interests you about the TI.  I agree the the TMS 9900 microprocessor
>and its assembly language especially have been underrated.  Kind of makes me
>wonder why TI dropped the 99/4a, but there's still lots of support in various
>BBS's around the country.  The Geneve has added new life to software support (I
>don't have one :-( so at least people are still writing stuff.  I'm happy to
>have just gotten the TELCO terminal emulator (it's hard to read this stuff on a
>40 column screen!), and there are many other good programs out there, mostly in
>Assembly though so no hacking is possible.  Much of Legends in XB, now if only
>it weren't so slow..
>---Andrew Kirmse
>
>P.S. A screen editor for TI-Runner is now available, send mail if interested.

The TI has been dubbed "The last hacker's machine."

Even if it's in compiled assembly, DSKassembler will, as well as many others, will tear it back down to what it was.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a turbo kit made yet for the TI.  You can get Ram-Disks, and new Video cards as kits for the TI.  I know you can't speed up the CPU without causing alot of pain, but there must be something....

Maybe if you can get some good Engineers in on this.  Maybe I could sink my TI in liquid Nitrogen (Is liquid Nitrogen conductive, my guess is yes, but I don't know.)

--
======================================
End Of Message

UUCP: (cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc, inhp4)!crash!guhsd000
UUCP(pnet): (cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc, inhp4)!crash!pnet01!guhsd000
ARPA: crash!guhsd000@nosc.mil
INET: guhsd000@crash.CTS.COM
CIS: 73717,226
TELEX: Temp. Disabled

...Where the streets have no name. -U2

EL CAJON, CALIFORNIA, USA
(That's really close to San Diego, if you didn't know.)

luigi@althh.UUCP (Luigi Grilli) (08/23/88)

Hello, I'm Luigi Grilli an italian user of the TI..and geneve too
i have one TI/99 with PEB and one Geneve with PEB, one with
rs232 corcomp FDC and Corcomp ramdisk, Geneve with
rs232 card Corcomp FDC and HRD 1Meg, and mouse

Luigi Grilli

luigi@altger.UUCP  luigi@althh.UUCP  umicneur@imiclvm.BITNET