[comp.sys.ti] wanted : TI Pro stuff

trish@brillig.umd.edu (Tricia Jones) (09/01/89)

Does anyone know of a source for hard disks for the TI Pro?
If so, could you possibly send me the address and/or phone
number?  Also, does anybody know of a good database program
I could get relatively cheaply somewhere, perhaps downloaded
from a bulletin board or something?

Thanks for any pointers!

+----------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| Tricia Jones                     | For all I know, these might not even |
| University of Maryland           | be MY opinions...  (my fingers have  |
| Department of Computer Science   | a mind of their own sometimes!)      |
+----------------------------------+--------------------------------------+

Frank_E_Emery@cup.portal.com (09/04/89)

Tricia Jones, University of Maryland, Department of Computer Science asks,

 >Does anyone know of a source for hard disks for the TI Pro?
 >If so, could you possibly send me the address and/or phone
 >number?

There are a few locations still dealing in TI Pro things.  They are

Computer Expertise
811 Alpha Drive, Suite 359
Richardson, TX 75081
Telephone:  214-907-0033

CS&S Computer Systems and Supplies
7610 Falls of Neuse Road, Suite 120
Raleigh, NC 27615
Telephone:  919-847-1967

TIPC Network
104 Main Street
P.O. Box 247
Elk Point, SD 57025
Telephone:  605-356-2910 (ask for Matt)

 >Also, does anybody know of a good database program
 >I could get relatively cheaply somewhere, perhaps downloaded
 >from a bulletin board or something?

Older versions of PC-File work on the Pro under the DOS Emulate Program.  I
am not sure but I think that PC-File 4 works.  You can also get pfs File and
pfs Report which were ported to the Pro used sometimes.  There is a fairly
active TI Pro users group in the Maryland area.  Contact Ed Cameron at
(301) 674-5671 for information.  The group meets monthly on the first
Saturday at the Odenton, MD public library.

The most easily available information on the TI Pro is contained in the
TIFORUM on the CompuServe Network.  You need to get into Section 8.  Don't
read sections 1 to 7, they are the TI 99/4 people.

Good luck.

Frank_E_Emery@cup.portal.com

grimesg@makalu (George Grimes) (09/05/89)

In article <19366@mimsy.UUCP> trish@brillig.umd.edu.UUCP (Tricia Jones) writes:
>Does anyone know of a source for hard disks for the TI Pro?
>If so, could you possibly send me the address and/or phone
>number?

I got mine from Epic Sales in Dallas.  I'm in the process of moving from
Dallas to San Jose so I don't have the number handy.  If you can't get it
from information, let me know and I'll find it for you.

George

DOMAIN: grimesg@sj.ate.slb.com           | George Grimes
UUCP:   {decwrl,uunet}!sjsca4!grimesg    | Schlumberger Technologies
INTERNET: grimesg%sjs@sdr.slb.com        | 1601 Technology Drive
PHONE:  (408)437-5305                    | San Jose, Ca. 95110

grimesg@magic (George Grimes) (09/06/89)

>TIPC Network
>104 Main Street
>P.O. Box 247
>Elk Point, SD 57025
>Telephone:  605-356-2910 (ask for Matt)

I bought some stuff from them about 3 years ago and I was happy with it.  I did
not mention them in my first response because when I wanted to buy some things
from them recently I placed two phone calls (about a month apart) asking for a
current catalog and never got one.  I was promised that they would mail a
catalog immediatley during both calls but they did not follow through on
either one.  I have a question therefore about their dependability.