[comp.sys.ti] Telco at 9600

usenet@rpi.edu (USENET Maint Acct) (06/28/90)

From: ego@pawl.rpi.edu (Erik G Olson)

What version of Telco are you using to get 9600 baud? I had a real 9600 baud
link and Telco 2.3 always missed characters at the beginning of lines. I
was running it on my Geneve at top speed. I would have liked to have Telco for
its vt100 emulation, but I had to use Fast-Term (adm3a) to get perfect
reception at this speed.  (The Geneve version of Fast-Term-- it's slightly
different from the regular 4A version. Does anyone know where to obtain the
vt100 version of Fast-Term? It does exist somewhere...)

Maybe your PC doesn't really transmit at 9600 baud? I couldn't get much
difference between 4800 and 9600 out of a 286. Perhaps your machine is
faster. Also, using Procomm on the 286, I couldn't run a successful
xmodem transfer to Telco 2.3 at speeds higher than 2400. (With a
null modem, of course.)

Jealous of speed,
Erik Olson (ego@pawl.rpi.edu)