[comp.sys.ti] binhex for TI coming soon to a 99/4A near you!

dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) (07/03/90)

Since the discussion here turned to how we could transport binaries
through the net to those WITHOUT uudecode capabilities, I decided to go
directly to the 'master' for some aid and sustenence (sp?). Forethwith
and herewith and a lot of other withs, here's what Clint Pulley replied
when I suggested a binhex type program for the TI (letter quoted without
Clints explicit permission but he's SUCH a nice guy, he won't mind a
bit):

|From: Clint Pulley
|Subject:  Reply to BIN/HEX for TI?
|To: dave%compnect@uunet.UU.NET

[ ... ]

Re BIN/HEX for the 4A, I looked at GENC/GDEC and the old CFIO source code
and found that all I have to do is
a) Retrofit the internal file code into CFIO,
b) Modify the programs to prmpt for filenames, and
c) Try to remember how to build c99 programs in GPL mode ;) .

This looks like fun and your timing is perfect -

[ ... ]

I'll probably have
something in a day or so - I'll send you a GENCoded version and let you
figger out how to get it to everyone else.

Gotta get to work now

Clint

= = = = = = = = =

Soooooooo, looks like we'll have just what we need as soon as Clint gets
it done.

Next question, how to move it to the folks who need it. I can pass both
the new TI version and the Geneve program as a uuencode for those with
uudecode capability but moving them to those WITHOUT that capability can
be a bit difficult. I will, of course, make sure it's posted on GEnie
myself and I'm sure it'll pop up on CI$ and Delphi fairly quickley (I
can pass it to 2 other users on this system who frequent both).
Additionally, It'll be posted on my own BBS (numbers posted in .sig
below). That's the best I can come up with at the moment. Any questions
or suggestions, just post it or email it.

BTW, Clint was unaware this group existed till I mentioned it to him. He
can't POST to the group but he can read it now and I'm perfectly willing
to move traffic from Clint to the net if he so desires.

            *>> Dave <<*

[------: Dave Ratcliffe :--------:-: 2832 Croyden Rd. Harrisburg Pa. 17104 :-]
:   dave@compnect.uucp    -or-   :           The Data Factory BBS            :
: uunet!wa3wbu!compnect!dave -or-:   Data: (717)657-4997 - (717)657-4992     :
[........use what works..........]