[comp.sys.ti] AM I HERE YET?

gary.bowser@canremote.uucp (GARY BOWSER) (07/20/90)

 Well, I was just scanning thru some of the new conferences CRS (Canada
Remote Systems) up here in Toronto has added, and I discovered this neat
area. Some of you here I know, some of you may know me by name already,
but just in case, here is a little bio about me and my company.

My name is Gary Bowser, and I have been a TI99/GENEVE user for many
years, almost from the start of the TI in the late '70. And since about
1984 I have been running a company called OPA (Oasis Pensive Abacutors)
which specializes in designed and selling new 9900/99000 based hardware
and software for any computer system which uses 9900/99000 parts,etc.
Most of our projects are not known about in the TI world, but the major
ones which we have done are quickly listed below:

A series of software called PHOENIX 2001, designed to be the most
powerful and easily to use, and contiune to be useful pass the year
2001. The main three on the market are:

TASS: The fastest and one of the best slide-show type programs

DISKODEX: The best disk cataloger program out there, even reads in the
Disk Utilities comments.

RECALLIT: A very easy to use, but let powerful database program designed
mainly for storing names and addresses. (Uses RAMBO!)

That covers our current best-selling software, one new one in the works
is for speech, and it when ready this Fall, will be breaking new ground
in speech on the TI, plus it will be opening new areas never touched
before on home computers.

Our hardware for the TI has been slow coming, with alot of projects in
the prototype stage, but we currently need more backing (money) to
advance them to the next stage. But in anycase we do have two main
projects that have started to sell like hot cakes.

RAMBO: A upgrade for the famous Horizon ramdisks, allowing the ramdisk
memory to be parition between ramdisk memory, and CPU (program) memory.
The later designed to be allow the use of future bigger and better
programs to be written for the TI. RECALLIT listed above was the first
to use the new RAMBO memory system, and being so a demo version is given
out with all RAMBO packages sold. There is many projects on the go from
a bunch of different third-party companys.

GIZMO: Very new on the market, designed to expand the module port to 8
slots in way TI themselfs planned. REVIEW MODULE LIBRARY! Yes, you can
now plug up to 8 modules into your TI and do things like using TEII
speech, Minimen ram, and Extended Basic all within the same Basic
program with no special tricks,etc. This has been on the drawing board a
long time over 2 years in fact, but now with the latest VLSI chips we
have cut the original design of over 50 TTL chips from TI, down to a
only FOUR chips!

TIM: Very new only a week old. It is called TI-IMAGE-MAKER and is
designed to install inside a TI99 console, where the old 9918 video
chip is located. A very small board only 2.75" * 3.75" but let the most
powerful new graphics board designed for the /4A. It use the latest
in Yamaha video tech. using the 9958 extended model, which has many
more features than the old 9938 model which is used in the Geneve and
DIJIT AVPC cards. The two best features of this board, besides the
smallest and ease of use/installation, is it's full micro 25pin
expansion port, for everything from mouse to Genlock devices, and the
best feature yet, is the cost which is over half the price of a DIJIT
AVPC card!

I think that is enough about my company and it's products. If you need
more information write or phone me at:

   ___ ___ ___ Oasis  Pensive Abacutors
  /  //__//__/ 432 Jarvis St. Suite 502
 /__//   /  /  Toronto,Ontario  M4Y-2H3
(416)960-1424
Supporting the TI/GENEVE/ADAM computers

I hope we will be typing to each other in the near future. Oh' and I
will say HI to Clint (Pulley) at the next Hamilton meeting for all of
you. Please someone write a reply, to make sure I got this mail sent
the right way, this is my second attempt at sending public USENET mail
out of here (CRS). TTYL and hope to type (talk) to someone else besides
myself shortly!

daveh@compnect.UUCP (Dave Hultberg) (07/26/90)

In article <d236f525287526a75258@canremote.uucp>, gary.bowser@canremote.uucp (GARY BOWSER) writes:

<stuff deleted to save space>

> Please someone write a reply, to make sure I got this mail sent
> the right way, this is my second attempt at sending public USENET mail
> out of here (CRS). TTYL and hope to type (talk) to someone else besides
> myself shortly!

As you can see from my .sig, your message made it to Central Pennsylvania.
Your company certainly has some interesting products.  If you wouldn't mind
sending a flyer or something similar to me I would be glad to present it to
our next Users Group meeting on August 6th.

--
Dave Hultberg KA3UZR   Mail: 1407 Concord Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-1955
daveh@compnect.uucp          H:   717-766-0051  CI$:    72437,3215

dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) (07/27/90)

In article <d236f525287526a75258@canremote.uucp>, gary.bowser@canremote.uucp (GARY BOWSER) writes:

>  Well, I was just scanning thru some of the new conferences CRS (Canada
> Remote Systems) up here in Toronto has added, and I discovered this neat
> area. Some of you here I know, some of you may know me by name already,
> but just in case, here is a little bio about me and my company.

And some of us know you in person. Met you down at the DC International show
last year and spent a pleasant hour or 2 discussing RAMBO (among other
things). Good to see you made it up here finally! Tom Wible has been
trying to get Email to you and I tried several times with massive
bounces but I'll give it another whack after this to see if we can open
a path.

[ ... ]

> I hope we will be typing to each other in the near future. Oh' and I
> will say HI to Clint (Pulley) at the next Hamilton meeting for all of
> you.

Please do!

> Please someone write a reply, to make sure I got this mail sent
> the right way, this is my second attempt at sending public USENET mail
> out of here (CRS). TTYL and hope to type (talk) to someone else besides
> myself shortly!

How's this? :-)

          *>> Dave <<*

[------: Dave Ratcliffe :--------:-: 2832 Croyden Rd. Harrisburg Pa. 17104 :-]
:   dave@compnect.uucp    -or-   :           The Data Factory BBS            :
: uunet!wa3wbu!compnect!dave -or-:   Data: (717)657-4997 - (717)657-4992     :
[........use what works..........]