[comp.sys.ti] Just wondering

JJLUCSY@MTUS5.BITNET (08/07/90)

I was just wondering whats been going on in the TI world lately since I sorta
dropped out of it for about a year since I got an IBM( oh no! :-).) Whats that
new video thing like? Will it hook into a monitor, or do I still need a TV?
I now lack a TV so at present I can't use the thing, but I would like to see it
running again. Anybody?

mdchaney@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (M Darrin Chaney) (08/15/90)

In article <90219.093550JJLUCSY@MTUS5.BITNET> JJLUCSY@MTUS5.BITNET writes:

>I was just wondering whats been going on in the TI world lately since I sorta
>dropped out of it for about a year since I got an IBM( oh no! :-).) Whats that
>new video thing like? Will it hook into a monitor, or do I still need a TV?
>I now lack a TV so at present I can't use the thing, but I would like to see it
>running again. Anybody?

One of the nice features of the TI is that you DIDN'T need a TV.  The little
thing that you plug into that back of it and hook to the TV is the RF
modulator.  What comes out of the back of the TI is the composite video
signal and the sound signal, ready to go into a monitor.  If you use a TV,
you have to take the extra step of using the RF modulator.  At the time, most
people had TV's, but few had an actual monitor.

	Darrin

mdchaney@iubacs
mdchaney@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
mdchaney@rose.ucs.indiana.edu

<JJLUCSY@MTUS5.BITNET> (08/15/90)

As it happens, I realize it was composite since I had it hooked up to my VCR
before I went to college. As it also happens, most monitors are analog or TTL,
not composite. I happen to have a multiscanning and was wondering if you could
convert composite to one of those two kinds. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself
clear the first time.

Joel Lucsy ( doing an infinite loop in 2 seconds )