[comp.sys.ti] GPL Manuals

daven@vx.acs.umn.edu (David Nieters) (08/14/90)

Dave,

   When you get your GPL manuals on-line, I would also like a copy.  My
E-mail address is daven@vx.acs.umn.edu.  Please send a reply to me so I know
you can reach me.

				Dave Nieters
				University of Minnesota

mdchaney@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (M Darrin Chaney) (08/15/90)

In article <2056@ux.acs.umn.edu> daven@vx.acs.umn.edu (David Nieters) writes:

>   When you get your GPL manuals on-line, I would also like a copy.  My

If they aren't copyrighted, could they just be posted a piece at a time?  I'd
like to have this, too, but this is turning out to be alot of work for one
person.  Thanks-

	Darrin

mdchaney@iubacs
mdchaney@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
mdchaney@rose.ucs.indiana.edu

dave@wa3wbu.UUCP (Dave Ratcliff) (08/19/90)

In article <54414@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, mdchaney@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (M Darrin Chaney) writes:
> In article <2056@ux.acs.umn.edu> daven@vx.acs.umn.edu (David Nieters) writes:
> >
> >   When you get your GPL manuals on-line, I would also like a copy.  My
>
> If they aren't copyrighted, could they just be posted a piece at a time?  I'd
> like to have this, too, but this is turning out to be alot of work for one
> person.  Thanks-

There's a LOT to this manual and I wouldn't know how to post it. Soon as my
system is back on-line, they`ll be available for downloading. In the
meantime, how best to post them here? Uuencode? Straight ascii?
Geneve/Ti Encoded? What's the consensus? Keep in mind I am a leaf site
and don't want to take advantage of my feed site.

    *>> Dave <<*

Dave Ratcliffe - - Temp. Email addresses = dave@wa3wbu.uucp   - or -
                                           uunet!wa3wbu!dave

young@dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu (Mike Young) (08/20/90)

In article <697@wa3wbu.UUCP> dave@wa3wbu.UUCP (Dave Ratcliff) writes:

>meantime, how best to post them here? Uuencode? Straight ascii?
>Geneve/Ti Encoded? What's the consensus? Keep in mind I am a leaf site
>and don't want to take advantage of my feed site.

	I vote for compress, followed by uuencode. Perhaps splitting the
thing up into itsy bitsy pieces, and dribbling them out in onesie twosies,
would help keep the feed site happy. Sounds like a lotta work though. Maybe
an aliased mail list is more appropriate than posting?? I suppose lots
of sites receive this newsgroup, but I'd wager only a dozen or so
readers would be interested. I am, incidentally, *definitely* one of
the twelve :-) :-)

--
    |  Mike Young KA9HZE		|	young@ecn.purdue.edu	|
    |  Purdue University EE Dept.	|	...!pur-ee!young	|

ka2czu@cbnewsh.att.com (robert.switzer) (08/21/90)

From article <1990Aug20.131943.25348@ecn.purdue.edu>, by young@dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu (Mike Young):
> In article <697@wa3wbu.UUCP> dave@wa3wbu.UUCP (Dave Ratcliff) writes:
>
> readers would be interested. I am, incidentally, *definitely* one of
> the twelve :-) :-)

Me too!

Thanks,
bob

--
Robert Switzer                   | Amatuer Radio Operator KA2CZU
(201)949-0057                    |

pearl@porthos.rutgers.edu (Starbuck) (08/22/90)

In article <1990Aug21.162032.19976@cbnewsh.att.com> ka2czu@cbnewsh.att.com (robert.switzer) writes:

 > From article <1990Aug20.131943.25348@ecn.purdue.edu >, by young@dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu (Mike Young):
 >  > In article <697@wa3wbu.UUCP > dave@wa3wbu.UUCP (Dave Ratcliff) writes:
 >  >
 >  > readers would be interested. I am, incidentally, *definitely* one of
 >  > the twelve :-) :-)
 >
 > Me too!

Me three!  (Only nine more people to go! :-)

Steve
---
Stephen Pearl (Starbuck)    Work: (201)932-3465   Home: (201)246-3927
UUCP:  rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!pearl   ARPA:  pearl@aramis.rutgers.edu
US MAIL:  LPO 12749 CN 5064, New Brunswick, NJ 08903
QUOTES: "What is Starbuck-ing?" -Adultress 19
	"Works for me!" -Rick Hunter (The Cop, not the Robotech Defender)

pederstm@agnes.acc.stolaf.edu (Michael Pederson) (08/23/90)

Our internet link was down for about a week, and I seem to have missed the
original message.  Could someone tell me what this is about?  (I would be
interested in acquiring a GPL manual, if that's what it's about.)
Michael Pederson             pederstm@acc.stolaf.edu    Phone: (507)663-2676
St. Olaf College             pederstm@math.stolaf.edu
Northfield, MN  55057 USA    pederstm@carleton.edu

ak698@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Timothy Stark) (08/23/90)

Hello everyone:
    About GPL Manuals, me too!! Please send me direct because
I do not have access to newsgroup because my friend told me
that. I prefer that uuencoded Unix-compitable ARC file
rather than Traver ARC file because I do not have a modem
on my old-fashioned TI-99/4A. Only I have a modem on Amiga
that's all. I will appericate that if you send me
uuencoded PC/Unix ARC file of GPL Manuals because PC/Unix
ARC is compitable to other system than TI-99/4A. Understand?
Thanks!!!!

-- Tim Stark

--
Timothy Stark              Internet: ak698@cleveland.freenet.edu
5 West Glebe Rd, Apt B8    Work: (202) 535-6445 TDD/TTY only

ericm@us.cc.umich.edu (Eric Meininger) (08/23/90)

You can vote me in on that too :)

Eric_Meininger@ub.cc.umich.edu    (Internet)
USER6SLN@UMICHUB.BITNET           (Bitnet)

yy@cbnews.att.com (alan.j.lapenn) (08/23/90)

I' interested in the GPL manuals also.

chuck@umiami.miami.edu (Chuck Urwiler) (08/24/90)

Looks like everyone wants a copy of that GPL manual!  As far as formats, my
vote is no vote, cause I can access a lot of different decoding schemes.
--
   Chuck Urwiler    University of Miami Music Engineering   Voice & Keys
chuck@umiami -or @umiamivm  (Bitnet) | "Sometimes the one thing that you're

dave@wa3wbu.UUCP (Dave Ratcliff) (08/24/90)

In article <1990Aug20.131943.25348@ecn.purdue.edu>, young@dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu (Mike Young) writes:
> In article <697@wa3wbu.UUCP> dave@wa3wbu.UUCP (Dave Ratcliff) writes:
>
> >meantime, how best to post them here? Uuencode? Straight ascii?
>
> 	I vote for compress, followed by uuencode. Perhaps splitting the
> thing up into itsy bitsy pieces, and dribbling them out in onesie twosies,
> would help keep the feed site happy. Sounds like a lotta work though.

Won't be that much trouble once I get back on my own system. Working
from another system than my own has me crippled. Too many special tools
I use for this sort of thing are not available here. Aiming for this
weekend to at least have an email connection running.

>Maybe
> an aliased mail list is more appropriate than posting?? I suppose lots
> of sites receive this newsgroup, but I'd wager only a dozen or so
> readers would be interested. I am, incidentally, *definitely* one of
> the twelve :-) :-)

Never woulda guessed ;-)  That is a definate possibility. Probably
better than using the net and the only drawback is that some return
paths aren't working for me. Tried to reply to Dave Neiters (sp?) and it
bounced. Again, on my home system, I have an alias list that will help
greatly and as soon as.... <blah blah> :-)

Unix is almost as much fun as making MDOS work right.....

       *>> Dave <<*

BTW... for those who have sent me Email asking for the files in question, I'll
be posting a list of names as soon as I get some slack time.

--
.sig file being held hostage in Iraq. Film when the Fotomat opens.