[comp.sys.ti] Is anyone out there?

kris@beep.UUCP (Port'naybl) (09/21/90)

[]

     I have not seen any activity on this group for a while; is anyone out
there?  "beep" has been up and down recently...

--
						Port'naybl

key!beep!kris

"Look what I've done to my program, look what they've done to my code;
 They stuck it all on this floppy disk, and I think they got it wrong, ma..."

dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) (09/25/90)

In article <34@beep.UUCP>, kris@beep.UUCP (Port'naybl) writes:
>      I have not seen any activity on this group for a while; is anyone out
> there?  "beep" has been up and down recently...

I think we're all still here.... I'm busy trying to get valid USABLE mailpaths
for half the people who requested the GPL Manual. Our feed site changed mail
paths recently and suddenly about 75% of my outbound mail is bouncing
higher than the inflation rate. I truly HATE seeing 'Returned Mail' when
I fire up ELM.... <sigh>

          *>> Dave <<*

[------------------------------------------------------ Dave Ratcliffe -----]
: uunet!rutgers!psuvax1!eds1!wa3wbu!compnect!dave   | The Data Factory BBS  :
: uunet!wa3wbu!compnect!dave                        |    (717)657-4997      :
: dave@compnect.uucp or compnect!dave@uunet.UU.NET  |    (717)657-4992      :
[---------------------------------------------------------------------------]

stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu ("Char Aznabul") (09/25/90)

Yea, I'm here (finally). Posting of a Mac II, no less....

James (aka Char Aznabul)

--------*****------
Disclaimer? I claimed Something?

dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) (09/27/90)

In article <768@sun13.scri.fsu.edu>, stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu ("Char Aznabul") writes:

> Yea, I'm here (finally). Posting off a Mac II, no less....
>                                    ^
(Typo correction courtesy of Ace Net Spelling Police Inc., a non profit entity)

STONE HIM for a HERETIC! :-))

> James (aka Char Aznabul)

Nice to see you still with us JS. Where ya been?

stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu ("Char Aznabul") (09/28/90)

In article <790@compnect.UUCP> dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) writes:
> Nice to see you still with us JS. Where ya been?

Just a wee bit po'd at Myache, thass all. Well, after Mdos spat upon my
hd, and much of
my original work that was archived and lost (the archives are corrupted),
I didn't feel
much like trying to recover. I have stated before, and I'll state it
again, that I'm not
going to go to the effort to program the machine if I can't trust the OS
to NOT CORRUPT
AND DESTROY MY EFFORTS! I have much more fun programming our 4 unix boxes,
and I
am considering how best to get a personal unix box of my own.

Oh, By The By, I'm moving...only across town, to my new home!!!!

James

--------*****------
Disclaimer? I claimed Something?

dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) (09/29/90)

In article <827@sun13.scri.fsu.edu>, stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu ("Char Aznabul") writes:
> In article <790@compnect.UUCP> dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) writes:
> > Nice to see you still with us JS. Where ya been?
> Just a wee bit po'd at Myache, thass all. Well, after Mdos spat upon my

> hd, and much of my original work that was archived and lost (the
> archives are corrupted), I didn't feel much like trying to recover.  I
> have stated before, and I'll state it again, that I'm not going to go to
> the effort to program the machine if I can't trust the OS to NOT CORRUPT
> AND DESTROY MY EFFORTS!

I know your how you feel. Till now, I've stayed with MDOS 1.14 because I've
never had any problems with it turning my data into ca-ca. Now that
Clint has come out with the MDOS Disk Manager, I'm seriously considering
moving to MDOS .97h. That'll probably result in the need for hourly
back-ups lest MDOS re-arrange my hard drives.

BTW, did you catch the message on Delphi from Berry Miller about Lou?
More info in that one message than we've seen on all of Ron's 'relays'
in the past year....... and more promises <sigh>

>I have much more fun programming our 4 unix boxes, and I
> am considering how best to get a personal unix box of my own.

I find purchasing one usually works :-) My spare Pfennigs are going into
the kitty for an 80386/33 right now. Unix is SOOOOOO attractive. Maybe
Minix for the Geneve? Makes me drool thinking about it....

> Oh, By The By, I'm moving...only across town, to my new home!!!!

Have a nice trip...... ;)

ego@pawl.rpi.edu (Erik G Olson) (10/01/90)

--
Erik G Olson              "There was virtue in the world before