[comp.sys.ti] What's the scoop???

stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu ("Char Aznabul") (10/02/90)

In article <793@compnect.UUCP> dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) writes:
> BTW, did you catch the message on Delphi from Berry Miller about Lou?
> More info in that one message than we've seen on all of Ron's 'relays'
> in the past year....... and more promises <sigh>

No, I didn't see it, and as for Lou's promises, 'yea, right'.

> I find purchasing one usually works :-) My spare Pfennigs are going into
> the kitty for an 80386/33 right now. Unix is SOOOOOO attractive. Maybe
> Minix for the Geneve? Makes me drool thinking about it....

I probably could get a Silicon Graphics 3000 *real* cheap, but the thing
is
a bit bigger than a bread box...

Minix for the Geneve? Don't bet on it!

James

--------*****------

"Vox populi, vox humbug" - William T. Sherman

dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) (10/04/90)

In article <871@sun13.scri.fsu.edu>, stricher@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu ("Char Aznabul") writes:
> In article <793@compnect.UUCP> dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) writes:
> > BTW, did you catch the message on Delphi from Berry Miller about Lou?
>
> No, I didn't see it, and as for Lou's promises, 'yea, right'.

It was a lengthy posting of all the reasons why we haven't heard from Lou
lately with the most important being the fact that they just adopted a baby
and he wants to spend lots of time with it. My question was what was his
excuse before? The more I hear, the less I believe. He (Beery) also said that
if we can wait about 18 months (according to Lou) we'll see a successful
computer or some such rubbish. Used to be '2 weeks' Now its 18 months!

> > I find purchasing one usually works :-) My spare Pfennigs are going into
> > Maybe
> > Minix for the Geneve? Makes me drool thinking about it....
>
> Minix for the Geneve? Don't bet on it!

Not if we depend on Lou and Myarc for it but maybe from a 3rd party? Anything
is possible I guess. Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist in some ways.

        *>> Dave <<*

: uunet!rutgers!psuvax1!eds1!wa3wbu!compnect!dave   | The Data Factory BBS  :
: uunet!wa3wbu!compnect!dave                        |    (717)657-4997      :
: dave@compnect.uucp or compnect!dave@uunet.UU.NET  |    (717)657-4992      :
  "My other computer is an IBM PC, Seiko 8610, Molecular Mod. 9, TI-99 or
                    a Geneve 9640. I can never remember...."