[comp.sys.ti] Tiwriter File Transfer

jhess@orion.oac.uci.edu (James Hess) (12/06/90)

Has anybody out there successfully transfered their files on disc from the
original Shugart A400 drive and TI controller to an IBM format drive?  I once
managed a transfer via modem, but would like to know if there is a slicker way
to get my TIWRITER files into Wordperfect or another IBM wordprocessor.

Jim

Bob.Whiston@p4.f477.n104.z1.METRONET.ORG (Bob Whiston) (12/08/90)

In a message to All <06 Dec 90 19:11:00> James Hess wrote:

 JH> Has anybody out there successfully
 JH> transfered their files on disc from the
 JH> original Shugart A400 drive and TI
 JH> controller to an IBM format drive?  I once
 JH> managed a transfer via modem, but would
 JH> like to know if there is a slicker way
 JH> to get my TIWRITER files into Wordperfect or another IBM wordprocessor.

     Hmmmmmmm... It's been a while...  I think I used a nul-modem cable between my two (99/4a & MESSY-DOS) RS-232 ports.  I think I used 4/aTalk and Procomm and `uploaded' to the MESSY-DOS as a `text' file and and `downloaded' from the 99/4a as an ASCII file transfer then loaded in WordStar and Word as ASCII .txt files.  The transfer, was I think, like posting a prepared message to a BBS and was able to do a sufficient job of handling some very `strangely' formated files.  I've had worse times trying to go

 from the MESSY-DOS box to the 99/4a because of file size (I try to get the 99/4a to `swallow' 300k files and it `chokes' for some strange reason <Grin, Duck & Run>!).
     Ita Erat Quando Hic Adveni,
            HALFPINT

--- XRS 3.40-
 * Origin: THE ENTERPRISE BBS (303)377-1005 (Quick 1:104/477.4)

--
Bob Whiston - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
For best results, reply via UUCP: ...!boulder!bohemia.METRONET.ORG!1!104!477.4!Bob.Whiston