[comp.sys.ti] equipment

xdp51@ccvax.iastate.edu (01/30/91)

HI! Im a TI-99/4A user and I was wondering if anyone knew of anyplace to buy
equipment for it, such as a rs232 interface, expansion box, memory, etc.

Also, this is my first time on news... is there any other place to talk to
other TI 99 users and how do I get there?

Thanks for any help you might give

--Brad Karsjens

brindley@ECE.ORST.EDU (Mike Brindley) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan30.063500.1@ccvax.iastate.edu> xdp51@ccvax.iastate.edu writes:
>HI! Im a TI-99/4A user and I was wondering if anyone knew of anyplace to buy
>equipment for it, such as a rs232 interface, expansion box, memory, etc.
[deleted stuff]

>--Brad Karsjens

You probably should subscribe to MICROpendium.  It is a monthly
magazine which covers the TI-99/4A and the Myarc Geneve.  Current
subscription information for the U.S. is:

Cost (1 year - 12 issues):  $25

Address:          MICROpendium
		  P.O. Box 1343
		  Round Rock, Texas 78680

The classified ads in the back of the magazine are a good place
to find used equipment.  You will also see several pages of
adds from the major hardware/software dealer for the TI:

     Tex-Comp
     P.O Box 33084
     Granada Hills, CA 91344

They used to charge $2.00 for a catalog.  A catalog is included
free with every order, so you may wish to wait until you get
your first issue of MICRpendium and peruse the adds.

As for connecting with other users, there is probably a user
group in a larger city in your area. MICROpendium publishes
names and addresses of users group periodically.  If you had
a modem, another good source of contact and software would
be the major computer sevices (Compuserve, GEnie, Delphi).
GEnie and Delphi seem to actively court TI users, while
Compuserve is more expensive than the other two.  GEnie and
Compuserve are reachable through local calls in most major
cities; Delphi (last I heard) only had two cities where
that was true (Kansas City and someplace else).

Hope this helps!
Mike Brindley
brindley@ece.orst.edu