[comp.sys.ti] Audio Help Needed

daven@vw.acs.umn.edu (DAVID NIETERS) (02/01/91)

It's been dead here lately so here's a question -

I have a monitor for my TI 99/4A that has no audio.  Has anyone out
there hooked up a speaker to their TI using some simple amplifier
and can you give me information on how to do it?

By the way, I'm still waiting for my HFDC from Myarc.  As soon as I
get it and installed, I'll post a review.

Bob.Whiston@p4.f477.n104.z1.METRONET.ORG (Bob Whiston) (02/01/91)

In a message to All <01 Feb 91 01:34> David Nieters wrote:

 DN> I have a monitor for my TI 99/4A that has no audio.  Has anyone out
 DN> there hooked up a speaker to their TI using some simple amplifier
 DN> and can you give me information on how to do it?

Dave,
     If you have a `Radio/TV' repair shop that handles either MCM Electronics or ORA Electronics parts you might ask if they could order you a cable that will fit the DIN jack on you 99/4a.  The ORA part number is CMD-CR-6 @ $3.60 list price and the MCM part number is 83-305 @ $2.75 dealer cost.  These are listed as being for Comodedoor machines but, I have used them before to get video and audio signals from my TIs.  They are both 5pin DIN to two RCA plugs and should be what you will need.  BTW, the sound

 of the TI is great when put though a decent amp.

     Ita Erat Quando Hic Adveni,
              HALFPINT

PS.
     You also might want to get on FIDONET and read the TI-ECHO as there are many of us `old-timers' on there along with a lot of the original programers and designers of 99/4a and Geneve goodies.

--- XRS 4.00
 * Origin:  (Quick 1:104/477.4)

Bob Whiston - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
The Bohemia BBS System, Boulder Colorado (303)449-8946
UUCP:  Bob.Whiston@p4.f477.n104.z1.METRONET.ORG
 or :  ...!boulder!bohemia.METRONET.ORG!1!104!477.4!Bob.Whiston