[comp.sys.ti] TI-99/4A

billm@CSUFresno.EDU (Bill Mills) (11/18/90)

I am presently involved in determining the market value of some used
TI-99/4a equipment.  I someone could e-mail me the current market value
of the following components, I would greatly appreciate it.
    TI-994a Home computer-in the Black and silver case, with one of the
    grey keyboards added on.

    TI-99/4a home computer-in the black and silver case, with a homebrew
    Coleco Adam jayboard on a 6 foot remote cable.  The coursor pad is
    wired to the joystick port as Joyst#1

    One TI expansion box w/flex cable card, SS drive with controller
    card, 32K RAM card

    SS external disk drive.

    Speech synthesizer.

If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it, please
respond with price source (recently sale, used computer dealer, etc.)
via email to billm@zimmer.csufresno.edu  I would greatly appreciate any
help posssible.

Thank you...
-Bill Mills

Disclaimer: These comments are my own, and I doubt that anyone else
would want to claim them anyhow.   Bill Mills

dave@compnect.UUCP (Dave Ratcliffe) (11/21/90)

In article <1990Nov18.032419.19132@CSUFresno.EDU>, billm@CSUFresno.EDU (Bill Mills) writes:

> I am presently involved in determining the market value of some used
> TI-99/4a equipment.  I someone could e-mail me the current market value
> of the following components, I would greatly appreciate it.

Current market value may vary from region to region but I'll give you the
currently acceptable prices back East:

>    TI-994a Home computer-in the Black and silver case, with one of the
>    grey keyboards added on.

The keyboard doesn't really change the price. $35 is average for a
working console/PS/Modulator. If you throw in the books that came with
it, the customer might even smile ;)

>    TI-99/4a home computer-in the black and silver case, with a homebrew
>    Coleco Adam jayboard on a 6 foot remote cable.  The coursor pad is
>    wired to the joystick port as Joyst#1

Now THAT'S a toughie. There is nothing to judge it against since this is
not a normal TI 'for-sale' type item. The Adam keyboard I got sold for
$10 at the local Rat Shack store a couiple of years ago. The standard TI
keyboards sold for $5 at the same place. SWAG would put the price at
about $45 (the convenience of the 6 foot cable is worth $5).

>    One TI expansion box w/flex cable card, SS drive with controller
>    card, 32K RAM card

We'll have to break this down. TI interface cards go for about $35 but I
HAVE heard of them going for upwards of $50.

The SS drive is probably a Shugart SA400L which makes it SS/DD (180k).
Worth about $10-15 on a good day. I've seen them at Hamfests for as
little as $5.

P-Boxes are in demand. With Flex-cable, it's worth about $75. Geneve
owners sometimes offer to kill for P-boxes ;)

>    SS external disk drive.

Assuming this is the TI version of an external disk drive, same price as
above for the drive itself, figure about $35-45 for the power supply/box

>    Speech synthesizer.

$50. No guessing here.

> If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it, please
> respond with price source (recently sale, used computer dealer, etc.)
> via email to billm@zimmer.csufresno.edu  I would greatly appreciate any
> help posssible.

These prices are from experience at MANY hamfests and TI faires. Dealer
prices (when you can find them) are unreasonably high in  most cases.

Hope this helps. I'm also posting this e-mail to the 'net for others who
may be interested,

> Thank you...
> -Bill Mills

Y'welcome :-)

         *>> Dave <<*

--
[------------------------------------------------------ Dave Ratcliffe -----]
: uunet!rutgers!psuvax1!eds1!wa3wbu!compnect!dave   | The Data Factory BBS  :

ton@rwzl10.UUCP (Ton Damen) (12/22/90)

Hello everyone,

I am looking for TI-99/4(a) users all over the world for exchanging
information about our texy's.

I am member of the hardware dept. of the dutch TI users group.

I develope soft- and hardware for the TI-99/4A and I like to share my/our
experiences with others.

Some of my/our projects were:

        - ff diskcontroller
        - mini PE-box
        - MSX video graphics
        - virtual usage PC-harddisk

Let me know if you are interrested in our hobby.

Greetings,

Ton Damen

E-mail: ...hp4nl!rwzl10!ton

ton@rwzl10.UUCP (Ton Damen) (02/11/91)

Hi TI-users,

My name is Ton Brouwer, and I'm part of a user group with some
very active members. Lately there have been many questions like
if anyone is actually programming on the thing. Well, I am. And
I'm interested in exchanging programs. I mainly write Assembler
programs. It should be possible to mail sources to one-another
but I'd like to try to send program files as well (binaries).
The way I have in mind to do this is like this:

- I remotely log into this UNIX machine with my TI (using TELCO)
- I upload a program file using the Xmodem upload option from TELCO
- I uuencode the binary file to get a 'mailable' file.
- I mail this file to someone who understands the above.
- He then takes the inverse steps to get a program file again.

Anyone with me?
Let me know!

Ton Brouwer
Eindhoven University of Technology
Holland.

You can send mail to the following addresses:

Usercode: ttgr7@info.win.tue.nl
      or:   ton@rwzl10.uucp
		or:   ...!hp4nl!hp4nl.nluug.nl!rwzl10!ton

ego@itsgw.rpi.edu (Erik G Olson) (02/13/91)

Binaries on the net, go for it!

Aways back last October or so there were a few binaries put up
uuencoded, including a program which ran on the TI to translate
from binary to text and vice versa.

I have tried posting a little assembly source on the net before,
but I never got any response. (Could be because I posted
Geneve source.)

--
=======================+=========================================
Erik G Olson              "There was virtue in the world before

Tony.Dalfonso@f518.n250.z1.fidonet.org (Tony Dalfonso) (03/05/91)

* In a message originally to All, Ton Damen said:

TD> Hi TI-users,
TD>
TD> My name is Ton Brouwer, and I'm part of a user group with
TD> some
TD> very active members. Lately there have been many questions
TD> like
TD> if anyone is actually programming on the thing. Well, I am.
TD> I'm interested in exchanging programs. I mainly write
TD> Assembler
TD> programs. It should be possible to mail sources to
TD> one-another
TD> but I'd like to try to send program files as well
TD> (binaries).

Your name sounds familiar...  Aren't you the one who passed around TI-Artist
pictures?  Like the HULK?
By the way, what system do you have?  A TI or Geneve?
The way you are explaining the decoding of the source you are talking about
is using Clint Pulley's program?  Never tried it.  But I am interested in
trading software.  I have a Geneve system...

   ____
    / o n y.