[comp.sys.ti] Manuals

daven@vx.acs.umn.edu (DAVID NIETERS) (05/24/91)

I haven't seem much traffic lately, so I thought I'd put up a post
as to what I'm currently up to.  I am in the process of formatting
the GPL manual as well as a couple of manuals on the TI disk
specification using LaTeX.  I should have them ready in the next few
weeks or so.  People will be able to print them using postscript
(e.g. Apple Laserwriters) printers.  I was curious if this would
generate much interest.  I've been looking at my results so far and
I must say it looks very professional.  Drop a note here if you think
this sounds interesting and lets get the traffic up a little on this
newsgroup.

David Nieters
University of Minnesota

pepers@enme3.ucalgary.ca (Brad Pepers) (05/24/91)

I look forward to seeing these manuals. Where are the originals kept (for
those without laser-printer access)? I started writing a TI simulator for
my Amiga 3000 but haven't worked on it for a while. Maybe looking through
GPL manuals will get me going again!

    Brad Pepers (pepers@enme.ucalgary.ca)

ak698@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Timothy Stark) (05/24/91)

Hello Everyone:
    Yes, I am interested in that GPL manuals in postscript version and
Tex version. Thanks! I am waiting for them now. I have GPL manuals but I
need roff program to re-format them for printable files to my GSX-140
printer.
    With Amiga computer, you need Post 1.6 package to print postscript
files to your printer but it need more than 1.5 MB main memory to able
print postscript files.
    Any news about IBM-based TI-99 emulators, I heard that in long time
ago. I still am waiting for them.

-- Tim Stark

--
Timothy Stark              Internet: ak698@cleveland.freenet.edu
5 West Glebe Rd, Apt B8    Work: (202) 377-9606 TDD/TTY only Prodigy: XRFR50A

mdchaney@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (M Darrin Chaney) (05/24/91)

In article <3984@ux.acs.umn.edu> daven@vx.acs.umn.edu writes:
>I haven't seem much traffic lately, so I thought I'd put up a post
>as to what I'm currently up to.  I am in the process of formatting
>the GPL manual as well as a couple of manuals on the TI disk
>specification using LaTeX.  I should have them ready in the next few

I'd love to have a copy of the GPL manual, as well as the disk manual.  It's
still great to know that the TI is alive and well.

	Darrin
--

mdchaney@iubacs
mdchaney@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu

daven@vx.acs.umn.edu (DAVID NIETERS) (05/24/91)

I have the first manual available.  It is "Functional Specifications For
the 99/4 Disk Peripheral".  It is 25 pages long and in postscript format.
I have made it available via anonymous FTP to star.acs.umn.edu
(128.101.65.50).  The file is called FUNC_SPEC.PS.

Other manuals on the way are the software specification and GPL interface
for the disk peripheral.  Also, the GPL manual (now over 100 pages).  I
ask that anyone who prints these off and finds mistakes (no matter how
small) report them to me so I can make the corrections.

David Nieters
University of Minnesota

daven@vx.acs.umn.edu (DAVID NIETERS) (05/25/91)

I have just added the GPL Interface Specifications for the 99/4 Disk
Peripherial to the anonymous FTP directory on star.acs.umn.edu.  This one
has some cool looking tables in it.  At the request of some, I am also
including the TEX files as well.

David Nieters
University of Minnesota