[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Joystick Pin-outs

appelbau@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Marc L. Appelbaum) (01/07/87)

I would appreciate it very much if someone could either send me or
post the pin outs of the joystick ports.

		Thanks,
		Marc
--
 Marc L. Appelbaum                         "Insanity is just a state of mind"
 Arpa: marc@aim.rutgers.edu                    Uucp:rutgers!ru-blue!appelbaum

jhs@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA (01/08/87)

The joystick pinouts are one of many things in the back of Mapping The Atari,
1985 edition.  I am not at home right now so cannot post them, but anyone who
cares about such things certainly should have Mapping The Atari in his/her
library.

-John Sangster
 jhs@mitre-bedford.arpa

cabbie@chinet.UUCP (01/09/87)

In article <8242@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> appelbau@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Marc L. Appelbaum) writes:

>I would appreciate it very much if someone could either send me or
>post the pin outs of the joystick ports.
>

>		Thanks,
>		Marc
>--
> Marc L. Appelbaum                         "Insanity is just a state of mind"
> Arpa: marc@aim.rutgers.edu                    Uucp:rutgers!ru-blue!appelbaum

I am going to try to kill two birds with one stone with this posting.

Chrominance is available on all Atari 8 bitters.  Whether or not it is
wired to the connector is another matter.  For the 800XL connect a
220 ohm resistor from the emitter of Q5 to pin 5 of the DIN jack.

On the 1200XL (which is my personal favorite) connect a 220 ohm resistor
from the emitter of Q7 to pin 5 of the DIN jack.

	And now for the Joystick pinout.....

				Atari Joystick pin-out
					(console end)

               \----------------------------------/
		\1	2	3	4	5/
                 \                              /
                  \ 6       7       8       9  /
                   \--------------------------/

	2	Back
	3	Left
	4	Right
	5	Pot B
	6	Trigger
	7	+5 volts
	8	Ground
	9	Pot A

	Hope this answers all of the questions.......

Any opinions expressed above are my own.        Rich Andrews
 They can be yours too.  Please send $19.95 to.....ihnp4!chinet!cabbie