[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Chameleon R: handlers

IHLS400@INDYCMS.BITNET.UUCP (02/14/87)

Chameleon's opening screen offers a selection of modem connections which
I have listed here for those of you who want to know before plunking
down your $19.95.

0)  None  (demo mode)
1)  850 interface
2)  850 with Hayes Smartmodem or compatible modem (or in my case
    semi-compatible)
3)  835
4)  1030
5)  1450xld internal modem

Also, you might be interested to know that V4.03 has a Utilities option
which allows you to perform some DOS functions.

Holly Lee Stowe,
Faculty/Staff Consulting
There is nothing more sad or glorious than generations changing hands.
                               --  John C. Mellencamp, 1985

      | @@@@@@@@@  @@@   @@@  @@@@@@@@   @@@   @@@  @@@@@@@@@ |
      |    @@@     @@@   @@@  @@@   @@@  @@@   @@@     @@@    |
      |    @@@     @@@   @@@  @@@   @@@  @@@   @@@     @@@    |
      |    @@@     @@@   @@@  @@@@@@@@   @@@   @@@     @@@    |
      |    @@@     @@@   @@@  @@@        @@@   @@@     @@@    |
      | @@@@@@@@@   @@@@@@@   @@@         @@@@@@@   @@@@@@@@@ |
      | Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis  |
      |                                                       |
      |  Holly Lee Stowe            Faculty/Staff Consulting  |
      |  (317) 274-0756 or 0754     IUPUI Computing Services  |
      |  BITNET:  IHLS400@INDYCMS   799 West Michigan Street  |
      |  BITNick: LoonyTunes        Indianapolis, IN  46202   |

bammi@cwruecmp.UUCP (02/14/87)

In article <8702140632.AA08040@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> IHLS400@INDYCMS.BITNET (Holly Lee Stowe) writes:

>Chameleon's opening screen offers a selection of modem connections which
>I have listed here for those of you who want to know before plunking
>down your $19.95.
>
>0)  None  (demo mode)
>1)  850 interface
>2)  850 with Hayes Smartmodem or compatible modem (or in my case
>    semi-compatible)
>3)  835
>4)  1030
>5)  1450xld internal modem
>

>Also, you might be interested to know that V4.03 has a Utilities option
>which allows you to perform some DOS functions.
>
>Holly Lee Stowe,
>Faculty/Staff Consulting

two magnifications of what Holly says about chameleon:
1) i have succesfully used chameleon with an xm301 modem by choosing the
	835 modem as the default... for some reason, i don't know why,
	the 1030 didn't seem to work... now i am using it with an
	avatex hc with the 850 interface option, i have had some luck
	off and on getting the autodial menu to work that way, but
	i don't think i've been able to get it to work with the Hayes
	compatible option... the hc is very compatible... i think i have
	figured out that in order to get it to autodial you have to go
	into terminal mode and hit shift-caps to put chameleon in upper
	case mode... that may be the only problem, and might also make
	it work with the hayes option...

	(the avatex 1200 hc is much better than the avatex 1200... for
	the extra $50 that the hc costs, you get most of the AT command
	set, a speaker, no need to switch baud rates manually, and the
	S register functions...)
2) the chameleon dos utilities menu has most of what you need from the
	dos 2.x menu world... directory with wildcarding, copying (as
	we all know by now, using the device names E: and P:, this
	allows you to view a file or print it by copying it either to
	E: or P: respectively)... i have been using it under spartados,
	and it works just fine... that John Palevich is/was a great
	programmer...

--
usenet: .....!decvax!cwruecmp!bammi		jwahar r. bammi
csnet:       bammi@case