[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Atari support for 8-bit computers

store2@ihuxi.UUCP (03/04/87)

	<*******************[Ignore header path]*******************>

The following article and answer from Neil Harris of Atari was carried
in the ST newsgroup.  Since many readers here do not read the ST group
and since I knew it would be of interest to all 8-bit owners, I am
reposting it to this group.  It is good to see that Atari is still
committed to the 8-bit owners, especially with software.  But I'd love to
see the release of the 3.5" disk drive.

-Kit Kimes-

In article <9650@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU>, appelbau@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Marc L. Appelbaum) writes:

> Well that's all well and good, but what about support for the 8-bits.
> When Neil first introduced Alex Leavens he said that Alex knew about
> the 8bit.  From what I've seen on the net and GEnie, ATARI is only
> supporting the ST line.
>
> So when are we going to see some real support for the 8-bits???

You asked for it...

Just a few hours ago, I talked to Alex about 8-bit support.  He will be
spending quite a bit of time in the GEnie 8-bit conference (called "ATARI").
It will take him a little while to wade through all the messages there
already, but expect to see his presence there on a daily basis.

A further note.  I had a meeting last week with TOP management here at
Atari.  The topic was also 8-bit support, including ways to get software
produced by outside companies and how to get better presence for 8-bit
software.  The subject has yet to be concluded, but we are coming up with
some good ideas.
--
--->Neil @ Atari    ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308