[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Rogue for the 8-Bits in Antic?

ssegan@dasys1.UUCP (03/01/87)

Does anyone on the net have connections to Antic Magazine? I was asking that
because in the April Antic they have a preview on May(As usual!) and a certain
thing interests me: They say they'll be having ROGUE FOR THE 8-BITS???? What is
this?
Thanks,
----Sascha

Sascha Segan                     {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix     {bellcore,harpo,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!ssegan
New York, NY, USA                                {philabs}!tg/
--

store2@ihuxi.UUCP (03/04/87)

	<*******************[Ignore header path]*******************>

In article <296@dasys1.UUCP>, ssegan@dasys1.UUCP (Sascha Segan) writes:
> Does anyone on the net have connections to Antic Magazine? I was asking that
> because in the April Antic they have a preview on May(As usual!) and a certain
> thing interests me: They say they'll be having ROGUE FOR THE 8-BITS???? What is
> this?
> Thanks,
> Sascha Segan

I don't have any connections to ANTIC but I should be getting my issue in
2 to 3 weeks (subscribers get them faster).   I'll post info as soon as I
get it.  I, too, am excited at the prospect.  I was disappointed that EPYX
didn't come out with an 8 bit version.  Someone on the net a couple of years
ago said they had written an 8 bit version.  They never posted it.  (A wise
decision, I'm sure  since EPYX owns the right to it).  I imagine that EPYX
would have had to give their approval to ANTIC before it could be published.
I just hope it comes close to the ST version.

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T--Information Systems Labs
					...ihnp4!iwvae!kimes

"I'm carrying the weight of all the useless junk a modern man accumulates.
I'm a statistic in a system that a civil servant dominates."
	_Running On Ice_ -Billy Joel

leavens@atari.UUCP (Alex Leavens) (03/06/87)

in article <296@dasys1.UUCP>, ssegan@dasys1.UUCP (Sascha Segan) says:
> What's Rogue?

  Rogue is a very complex multi-level dungeons and dragons style adventure
game.  It's what's known as a 'serious time-waster'.  <grin>

--alex @ Atari

BIX: alexl.        GEnie: ALEXLEAVENS           AtariCorp: 408-745-2006

wilmott@topaz.UUCP (03/08/87)

   Yeah, I saw the "May Rogue for 8 bits preview" thing too in Antic
this month. Originally it was supposed to be out long ago- if you
look in like the April 1985 Analog "coming next" section, they had
it listed as "soon to be released"!

			-Ray