[comp.sys.atari.8bit] ace c

SULLIVAN@suny-bing.CSNET.UUCP (03/06/87)

The author of Ace C is:

	Ralph E. Walden
	1821 Jefferson
	Eugene Oregon 97402

SULLIVAN@suny-bing.CSNET (03/17/87)

I have had a request for Ace C, of which I own a copy.  I obtained mine for
$5 by answering a classified ad in Info-World, from an address which I con't
remember.  There are no copywrite notices on the documentation or the disk.

Does anyone know whether this is public domain software?  If it is, and there
is sufficient interest, I can post it.  In the meantime I will write to the
author about the legal status.  It seems to be a revision of Deep Blue C, and
J. Palevich still appears as one author.

Fred Sullivan
Dept. Math. Sci.
SUNY.Binghamton
sullivan@suny-bing.csnet

At last I'm a person rather than a number!

markv@uoregon.UUCP (Mark VandeWettering) (03/19/87)

In article <8703180258.AA26988@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> SULLIVAN@suny-bing.CSNET writes:
>I have had a request for Ace C, of which I own a copy.  I obtained mine for
>$5 by answering a classified ad in Info-World, from an address which I con't
>remember.  There are no copywrite notices on the documentation or the disk.

Ralph Walden of Atari Club Enthusiasts in Eugene, Oregon is the other
author of ACE C.  I believe that this particular version is in the
public domain.  Ralph also has an improved version for the 130XE which
has a built in editor, faster linker, and all sorts of other goodies
which is shareware.  (about $30 bucks is what he wanted last I checked,
although he has never made any money on this....)  Try contacting him
via the Atari Club Enthusiasts, their address should be in Computer
Shopper, Antic, Analog, or any of the other Atari magazines...

--
|                       Mark VandeWettering                             |
|   member of UO-EXODOS - distributed operating system research group   |

HAL@USU.BITNET.UUCP (05/07/87)

Date:     Thu, 7 May 87 11:48 MST
From:     <HAL@USU.BITNET>
Subject:  ace c
To:       info-atari8@score.stanford.edu

        Along with jhs I somehow missed the posting of ACE c.  Would
someone be kind enough to it to me?  Thanks in advance.

                                        hal

Arpa:           HAL%USU.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Bitnet:         HAL@USU
Phone:          (801) 750-2380