[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Chameleon vs Volksmodem

wrd@tekigm2.TEK.COM (Bill Dippert) (05/08/87)

Date: Fri, 8 May 87 09:37:05 PDT
From: MAILER-DAEMON@tektronix.TEK.COM (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown
System csd4.milw.wisc not found in network map
550 <pirc2499@csd4.milw.wisc.edu.UUCP>... Host unknown

Chameleon will work with a generic Hayes compatible modem and the 850.  What it
will do with a Volksmodem, I am not certain.  However, you must adjust several
of the settings depending upon what your mainframe wants.  I.e. parity,
xon/xoff, and various other settings.  If you do not, then Chameleon will do
strange and wonderful things.  Also, I have found that the termcap for the
vt52XL seems to work the best.  Lots of luck!