[comp.sys.atari.8bit] XE shipments/ADOS/Support

DFLINT02@ULKYVX.BITNET (05/19/87)

Date:          Tue, 19 May 87 15:45 EDT
From:          <DFLINT02@ULKYVX.BITNET>
Subject:       XE shipments/ADOS/Support
To:            info-atari8@score.stanford.edu

ATARI:

Are you still shipping or producing XE's?  Neil I think the 3.5" drive
would have helped to create a Standard Drive for the Atari 8-bits.
 Tho you may be right about software companies not wanting to change.
Most of the Atari 8-bit users I know all use different drives and Dos.
Will your Ados work on these drives (Rana,Indus,Trak, Happys,ICD ench,Amdek).
I'm sure some of us 8-bitters would appreciate the ability of ados to handle
Hard disks. I hope Ados is not as slow as GEOS is on the C64.

Now that more 8-bitters have the oportunities to use Structured Languages
and Memory upgrades (256K,320K) A 360K DS/DD drive is not going to cut
the mustard.

William M. Buford
Dflint02@ulkyvx.bitnet
(What happend to Atari TV commercials?)