[comp.sys.atari.8bit] 80-Column Terminal Software

djg%usl-pc@usl.CSNET (Darell James Godeaux) (07/14/87)

In article <5001@jhunix.UUCP> pipprg@jhunix.UUCP writes:

>I am in need of a good Smartmodem program that will run on the
>following config:  atari 800
>                   indus gt drive
>                   850 interface
>                   hayes smartmodem 1200
>vt100/vt52 emulation would be even nicer....
>any responses or suggestions will be appreciated.

If you have a monitor which has split input (both CHROMA and LUMA, not just
composite) I suggest that you look into David Young's OMNIVIEW and OMNICOM.
Omniview is a hardware modification which gives you 80 column emulation.
Omnicom is it's companion terminal program which has (vt100/KERMIT/Xmodem/
smartmodem-dailing).  I use it everyday and think that it works great!

It's available from CDY Consulting in TEXAS.  If you look in any 8-bit
magazine I'm sure that you will see an ad for it.  I'm not sure of the
current price, but I paid $49.95 for the package.

I only recommend this if you have a split input monitor such as
the Commodore 1702 or 1802.

    Darell J. Godeaux         | UUCP   : ...{ut-sally,akgua}!usl!usl-pc!djg  |
			      | CSNET  : djg@usl-pc.usl.edu                  |
University of Southwestern    | Voice  :  (318) 231-4682                     |