[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Needed: Trackball converting instructions

knutsen@aramis.rutgers.edu (Mark Knutsen) (10/21/87)

In article <7095@oliveb.UUCP> dragon@oliveb.UUCP (Give me a quarter or I'll touch you) writes:

> MY 8 bit trakball (which I picked up for $8 since they are selling them at
> every Kaybee toy store around here for that price) emulates a joystick and
> has a 'native' trakball mode.  If one feeds the raw signals to the
> appropriate pins on the ST the trakball works like a mouse.
I stand corrected.  I have a Wico trakball, which won't do this.

Tidbit: the Wico trakball for the Odyssey II game system works
perfectly well on the Atari 8-bits & STs as a joystick, and may
possibly be purchased for amnormally pithy amounts from dealers who
don't know this & think "almost noone has an Odyssey, I'd better sell that
trakball cheap."

--Mark K.
--
ARPA: knutsen@rutgers.edu       |    Atari / | \ | GEnie GE Mail: M.KNUTSEN